Forum / Lou Freshwater's flash fiction at Blue Fifth Review...

• Frankenstein-painting_brenda-kato.thumb
    Sam Rasnake
    Apr 29, 06:22pm

Now online at BFR – Broadside #22, “Saturated,” by Lou Freshwater.

http://bluefifthreview.wordpress.com/

• Photo_on_1-21-15_at_3.05_pm.thumb
    Kathy Fish
    Apr 29, 06:28pm

Beautiful, sad, yet hopeful story. I like what Lou says about negative space, in her commentary.

• Author_photo.thumb
    James Lloyd Davis
    Apr 29, 08:19pm

Lou's wor is consistently fresh, realistic and quite perfectly understated with no less of an emotional impact for the precision. Wonderful story. I was there.

• Author_photo.thumb
    James Lloyd Davis
    Apr 29, 08:22pm

"wor" = "work" Gomen kudasai.

• S._tepper--nov--lighter.thumb
    Susan Tepper
    Apr 29, 08:41pm

this is a beautiful "feeling" story in that it feels as well as allowing the reader to feel.

• Nv_kid.thumb
    Ramon Collins
    Apr 30, 12:21am

I enjoyed reading SATURATED and the author's comments about negative space. We learn in design that negative space defines the positive and tends to add to the dynamic composition.

Lori Lou is a master designer of Flash fiction.

• Linda.thumb
    Linda Simoni-Wastila
    Apr 30, 01:28am

Bittersweet story, a big small moment that the water kind of swells past and over. Leaves me with the twinge in my heart.

I completely understand the commentary about negative space. In some ways, it is the positive space. I think of the white space as the sadness or hum-drum-ness that makes the happiness so much sweeter, the anger so much more pointed. Anyway, both story and commentary though provoking. Peace...

• Mosaic_man_marcus.thumb
    Marcus Speh
    Apr 30, 06:50am

an excellent combination of story + commentary in an outstanding setting. enjoyed this one and kept coming back...the comment on "negative space" is fascinating and has helped me explain some things to me - why some stories work and other don't for example. i'm even tempted to argue that negative space may be even more important to writing than the positive space (what can be seen). perhaps when you read a story out loud or when you illustrate it, you move between these spaces. i feel even more connected to lou now - we already shared a fascination with camus and, like sam and linda in this thread, lou is a contributor to <a href="http://kaffeinkatmandu.com">kaffe in katmandu</a>.

• Frankie Saxx
    Apr 30, 08:11am

Beautiful, Lou.

• 0804d24.thumb
    Matthew A. Hamilton
    Apr 30, 12:02pm

Good story.

• Img_0037.thumb
    Lori Lou Freshwater
    May 01, 11:05pm

Wow, I haven't been around for a few days and I happened on this while looking for news of Daryl after finding Marcus' poem.

I am truly overwhelmed by all of your comments, and your continued support my work. I'm not overstating things when I say I quite literally don't know what I would do without my writer friends.

Thank you.

• You must log in to reply to this thread.