Forum / Cervena Barva Press Celebrates 6th Birthday!

• S._tepper--nov--lighter.thumb
    Susan Tepper
    Apr 07, 02:04am

Gloria Mindock started Cervena Barva Press six years ago this April.

We met in the very beginning, when she took a poem of mine for her first Postcard Series.

Since then, Gloria has been my publisher, editor, co-editor on the Istanbul Literary Review and very good friend.

Cervena Barva Press has published a slew of full length books, chapbooks, plays, novels, postcards and broadsides in six short years.

We are essentially talking a "One Woman Show" here with technical assistance from her partner Bill Kelle, and the occassional wandering intern.

BRAVA, GLORIA!!! MUCH FUTURE SUCCESS!!!!!!!!

• Tux.thumb
    Gary Percesepe
    Apr 07, 03:52am

congrats, gloria and co

• Author_photo.thumb
    James Lloyd Davis
    Apr 07, 04:43am

Love all birthdays that are not my own. Stopped counting.

Happy birthday Cervena Barva! Gloria, may it grow and prosper. May all your efforts bring you rich reward.

The phrase "occasional wandering intern" caught my eye. I must write a story about an occasional wandering intern. Her name will be Justine. Thank you Susan.

• Photo_on_2012-05-10_at_10.25.thumb
    Susan Gibb
    Apr 07, 10:14am

Happy Birthday! What a great milestone to celebrate, Gloria and may there be many more!

• Estelle_bruno.thumb
    Estelle Bruno
    Apr 07, 11:30am

You picked the right month to be born. April is poetry month.

Many, many happy birthdays to you Gloria.

• Frankenstein-painting_brenda-kato.thumb
    Sam Rasnake
    Apr 07, 11:34am

A happy birthday to CB - Wonderful press, doing wonderful work.

• With_ted_3.thumb
    Bill Yarrow
    Apr 07, 02:47pm

Congrats, Gloria, on CB's longevity and the good work you do!

• Gloriamindock200x274.thumb
    Gloria Mindock
    Apr 07, 03:52pm

Thanks so much everyone for your kind wonderful comments. I am touched. I can't believe it has been 6 years.
    Susan, thanks for posting this news. You have been with the press from the beginning, the postcard series. So very cool!

Running the press and publishing books is my passion and I love bringing work out into the public to be read. It is always an honor to publish writers and I am so grateful. I am so happy to have my partner be a part of the press too. He does so much for me.

Hey James, I hope you will write about "an occassional wandering intern" I look forward to reading that!

Thanks everyone.
    Gloria

• S._tepper--nov--lighter.thumb
    Susan Tepper
    Apr 07, 04:33pm

yeah, Jim Davis, I want to see that wandering Justine, too!

• 0804d24.thumb
    Matthew A. Hamilton
    Apr 07, 05:07pm

Happy Birthday to Cervena Barva Press.
    Great work Gloria!

• Matt004sm.thumb
    Matt Potter
    Apr 08, 10:24pm

Wow! What an impressive achievement - am envious and glad you have been able to do so too. Congratulations!

• You must log in to reply to this thread.