Forum / New issue! A short story from Stephen Hastings-King.

• Portrait_color_clip.thumb
    Danny Goodman
    Feb 24, 08:03pm

The new issue of fwriction : review is live!

Check out Stephen Hastings-King's short story, "Elsewhere," which I originally saw right here on Fictionaut:

http://fwrictionreview.tumblr.com/post/3482364983/elsewhere-by-stephen-hastings-king

• S._tepper--nov--lighter.thumb
    Susan Tepper
    Feb 25, 02:06am

This cryptic story is like a puzzle in darks and lights and sneaks up on you. I like the form used, the feeling of a maze.

• Frankenstein-painting_brenda-kato.thumb
    Sam Rasnake
    Feb 25, 03:01am

That's a great form. I like it. Really strong read. Enjoyed.

• Jalousie.thumb
    stephen hastings-king
    Feb 25, 12:29pm

nice. i'm pleased that the story found a home in the world---so thanks danny.

and for the lovely reads/comments.

the piece came out of waking up one snowy morning to find essex under a heavy white fog. it seemed like basic orientations were blurred or leaking into each other--up/down inside/outside. i built the piece out from that.

• Kreuzberg,%20germany%201992.thumb
    Robert Vaughan
    Feb 25, 01:08pm

I read this piece here first, and then at fwriction review yesterday and I love the structure, the word choice and the inventive puzzle behind it. Only you, Stephen, could create something so dazzling. Congrats to you and Danny! And a nod to Fictionaut, also.

• Image.bedroom.009.expose.thumb
    Ann Bogle
    Feb 25, 02:46pm

Good news, good story, and fwriction must be the best name for a magazine of late. Thanks.

• Portrait_color_clip.thumb
    Danny Goodman
    Feb 25, 05:02pm

I am loving the response to Stephen's piece. So glad to see you reading and enjoying the work.

Stephen, thank you for the opportunity to publish your brilliant writing.

• 0388e1260hbw.thumb
    Mark Reep
    Feb 26, 02:59am

Love this, big yay!

• You must log in to reply to this thread.