Forum / Current Projects?

• 408a4808.thumb
    Kait Mauro
    Oct 26, 11:31pm

I'm curious to hear what projects people are working on right now. :)

I am about to put together my second chapbook and I am going to begin work on another book project, or whatever it turns out to be, but this new one is probably going to take about a year... x)

• Dscf0571.thumb
    David Ackley
    Oct 27, 07:55pm

Nice of you to ask, Kait. One I'm working on is a mixed piece, long personal-historical memoir of a relative who's been missing in action in Korea for 60 years.

Another is a Novella, tentatively called "Flight"--several excerpts of which I've posted here.

The play called "In The Jaws of Kronos," excerpted again here, presently awaiting a 2nd and maybe 3rd act. Again mixed, partly surreal, but based on the life, death and works of the Russian poet, Osip Mandelstam.

Collectively these should keep me occupied for the next couple of years, though I'm hoping to finish the first in the next month or two.

Good luck with your chapbook and the other "whatever it turns out to be."

• Linda.thumb
    Linda Simoni-Wastila
    Oct 27, 08:08pm

Hey Kait, good for you to tackle another chapbook. And a book project -- do I sense a Nanowrimo effort?

Cool stuff Dvaid -- the 'mixed piece' sounds very creative and unusual.

I'm starting to pull one together as well, a collection of stories and poems around the theme of failing health (yeah, I know --real upbeat!). Mostly inspired by the courage of both my parents in the face of my father's fight with a fatal cancer. I have a reading group reading a subset of these and am looking forward to their review.

I'm also struggling with two novels. I just pushed through to the end of my second novel a few weeks ago and, after two years, am sick. of. it. So it's marinating in a drawer while I return my focus to novel #1 to hone the opening and, hopefully, market after the new year.

And those should keep me occupied well into the next century. Peace...

• 0804d24.thumb
    Matthew A. Hamilton
    Oct 28, 01:23am

Congratulations Kait.

David, would love to read the Korea memoir. My grandfather was in the war. I have a project in the back of my mind: poetry/photo book. I have a lot of pictures he took over there (all on slides) of combat teams in the snow, etc. I hope I can put something together.

Right now: working on a poetry book about my two year stint in Armenia. Pulling information about a novel about the Armenian genocide, and trying to piece together a autobiographical novel, fitting my time in a monastery, military, Peace Corps, all in one story. Where to begin.

• 408a4808.thumb
    Kait Mauro
    Oct 28, 01:28am

I love hearing about everyone's project. I really want to read the Korean memoir, the collection of stories about living with sickness, and the Armenian poems. :) Let me know when they are out?

• Dscf0571.thumb
    David Ackley
    Oct 28, 01:52am

Thanks, Matthew and Kait for your interest in reading the Korea work. And the same holds for your pieces, your books and chapbook: I'd love to see them. And the in some quarters forbidden coupling of Armenia and genocide: that's a subject that cries for exploration.

• Frankenstein-painting_brenda-kato.thumb
    Sam Rasnake
    Oct 28, 01:41pm

I'm in the midst of a six-part poetry series - Tales of Brave Ulysses. Each part will be a chapbook. The four central works foucs on literature, cinema, art, and music.

I've been working on this for years. Part 1 was published by Pudding House - and part 2 is being published this Dec. by Finishing Line Press.

• 000_0969.thumb
    H-M Brown
    Nov 01, 05:52pm

Cool topic.

Right now I have one short story making the rounds to be published. I have another short story completed and am preparing to send it out to make its submission rounds.

Now while these two shorts are out there undergoing reviews, I am looking into posting a 5 chapter Novellette for Fictionaut. Though, I'm still trying to figure out the what the definition of a Novellette is.

• You must log in to reply to this thread.