Forum / David James -- obit

• Mugshotme_(3).thumb
    Mathew Paust
    May 11, 01:22am

Shocked moments ago to see this on Facebook. David was one of the first 'Nauters to welcome me here, and has remained a solic writerly friend, a model of good fellowship and a helluva fine writer. I'm distraught, so I'll just post this obit and mourn quietly by myself.

David Nathaniel James, 80, of Dunwoody, passed away peacefully on Sunday, May 9, 2021, surrounded by his family. David was born July 24, 1940 in Meridian, MS. He graduated from Meridian High School and went on to serve in the U.S. Navy aboard the U.S.S. Ranger. After his service, he attended Vanderbilt University. David graduated with a Bachelors’ degree from Queens College in New York City. He spent his professional career in management consulting, founding his own firm and traveling extensively on business throughout the U.S. and abroad. In retirement he authored and edited numerous short stories and co-wrote a screen play.

A devoted husband, father, and grandfather, David was involved in his children’s lives including Little League and Senior baseball with David Jr. He was always an involved father with all of Leah’s and Amy’s activities and continuedto attend all of the events that his grandchildren participated in.

He was preceded in death by his parents, William David and Laura James and sister Leah Setzer. David is survived by his sister Mary, wife Kathy; children and spouses Leah and Marty, David and Holly, Amy and Brian; grandchildren,Alex, Sarah, Katie, Lily, Catherine Ann, Mary Elizabeth, and William David.

A memorial service will be held on Friday, May 14, 2021 at 2:00pm:H.M. Patterson & Son4550 Peachtree Road Brookhaven, GA 30319. A reception with the family immediately following the service.

In lieu of flowers, please consider a donation to Tunnel to Towers Foundation
    Tunnel to Towers Foundation

• Frankenstein-painting_brenda-kato.thumb
    Sam Rasnake
    May 11, 02:14am

Terrible news. David will be missed.

• Author_photo.thumb
    James Lloyd Davis
    May 11, 02:46am

David was always one to support so many of us here and elsewhere. It's not been that long ago when I heard from him... ever a man with a good word for those who needed it. You hear people utter or write the words, "...will be missed...", hear the words so often that we tend to think of them as a kind of cliche, a usual and civil fall back when we learn of the death of someone among us... but as regards David, I do believe that a lot of us here will actually and sincerely mean it when we say, as I say it now... He will be missed.

• Dscf0571.thumb
    David Ackley
    May 11, 12:43pm

Sorry to hear this, and join those who will miss him.

• Photo%2015.thumb
    Gary Hardaway
    May 11, 01:03pm

Very sad news. David was an excellent writer and very supportive of other writers. He will be missed.

• Kreuzberg,%20germany%201992.thumb
    Robert Vaughan
    May 11, 01:50pm

So sad to hear this. Been years since I've visited FN. But so many memories of David here. and his professional, helping communications. He will be missed.

• Jalousie.thumb
    stephen hastings-king
    May 11, 04:10pm

I'm saddened to read about this. My condolences to his family and friends.

• Dscn3474.thumb
    Kitty Boots
    May 11, 10:26pm

David will indeed be missed. I will miss him, as many others of you will. He was always there to encourage writers, I loved his sense of humor! I looked forward to his comments on my photography, too. What a loss. My sincerest condolences to his family and friends.

• Image.bedroom.009.expose.thumb
    Ann Bogle
    May 12, 01:14am

Knowing of his death placed a kind, stunned shadow over the day today. I had just been thinking of his contributions in writing and to other writers. Sad that he is gone.

• You must log in to reply to this thread.