Forum / UPDATE - A CLOUD IN MY HAND

• Erika-byrne-ludwig.thumb
    Erika Byrne-Ludwig
    Aug 29, 06:28pm

Hi everyone

I have now received copies of my book "A CLOUD IN MY HAND". The price is 25 AUD = approx.18 USD. The postage is included.

Anyone interested, please contact me on "message". Many thanks.

Erika

• Mugshotme_(3).thumb
    Mathew Paust
    Aug 29, 08:02pm

Congratulations, Erika!

• Erika-byrne-ludwig.thumb
    Erika Byrne-Ludwig
    Aug 29, 08:26pm

Many thanks Mathew. While I'm here, I want to thank you for your many comments on my publications.

• Self_portrait.thumb
    eamon byrne
    Aug 29, 10:15pm

Now that Erika's book has been published, I thought that a repost of my earlier comments might be appropriate.

A Cloud in my Hand shows the wide range of Erika's work. All of them have been done with meticulous care. In a phrase, they are well written, which for me is pretty much everything. And many of them have moved me emotionally as the best of fiction can do.

For others who may be thinking of joining the many fictionauters who have gone down the self-publishing road, by all means do it. There's nothing better for focusing the mind on one's work than preparing for publication. It's the point where talking the talk meets walking the walk. Self-publishing a printed book is also the perfect example of democracy in publishing. It's an example of what the digital age promises, but not always delivers. With self-publishing you are in control to some extent. You can design as well as write. You can be your own master, not the mendicant at the publishing gatehouse.

And to see your own carefully revised and polished "final draft" between the covers of a book is, believe me, quite a buzz.

• Mugshotme_(3).thumb
    Mathew Paust
    Aug 30, 10:13am

Well said, Eamon.

• You must log in to reply to this thread.