Forum / A CLOUD IN MY HAND

• Erika-byrne-ludwig.thumb
    Erika Byrne-Ludwig
    Jul 06, 06:44am

Finally finished my collection of short stories. 137 texts, 140 pages. It was a long journey, long and difficult ... thought it would never end... I must thank Eamon for his help in the making of this book.

• Mugshotme_(3).thumb
    Mathew Paust
    Jul 06, 10:53am

Congratulations, Erika! As my relatives in Norway would say now, "Uff da!"

Erika Byrne-Ludwig
    Jul 06, 06:36pm

Many thanks, Mathew. And I would say "OUF" meaning relieved ...

• Self_portrait.thumb
    eamon byrne
    Jul 06, 10:05pm

Is don. Is good.

Erika Byrne-Ludwig
    Jul 07, 06:51am

Eamon, this is Aussie slang ...

• Dscf0571.thumb
    David Ackley
    Jul 07, 12:39pm

Available where? When?

Erika Byrne-Ludwig
    Jul 07, 06:26pm

I only had two copies printed as samples. I will order a few more. They should be ready within a couple of weeks. Will try later to put them on Amazon.

• Darryl_falling_water.thumb
    Darryl Price
    Jul 07, 09:27pm

Great news!!

• Frankenstein-painting_brenda-kato.thumb
    Sam Rasnake
    Jul 07, 10:43pm

Congratulations, Erika.

Erika Byrne-Ludwig
    Jul 08, 05:08am

Many thanks, Darryl and Sam.

Erika Byrne-Ludwig
    Jul 17, 03:21am

Hi everyone, I have now received some copies of my book from the printer. My price is 25 AUD = approx.18 USD. The postage is included.

Anyone interested, please contact me on "message". Many thanks.

Erika

• Self_portrait.thumb
    eamon byrne
    Jul 17, 09:45pm

Well done Erika for a very fine book. The stories show the wide range of your work. All of them have been done with meticulous care. In a phrase, they are well written, which for me is pretty much everything. And many of them have moved me emotionally as the best of fiction can do.

For others who may be thinking of joining the many fictionauters who have gone down the self-publishing road, by all means do it. There's nothing better for focusing the mind on one's work than preparing for publication. It's the point where talking the talk meets walking the walk. Self-publishing a printed book is also the perfect example of democracy in publishing. It's an example of what the digital age promises, but not always delivers. With self-publishing you are in control to some extent. You can design as well as write. You can be your own master, not the mendicant at the publishing gatehouse.

And to see your own carefully revised and polished "final draft" between the covers of a book is, believe me, quite a buzz.

• You must log in to reply to this thread.