Forum / New book by Gloria Mindock, "La Portile Raiului"

• Gloriamindock200x274.thumb
    Gloria Mindock
    Jul 05, 08:40pm

My new book, "La Portile Raiului" was just published by Ars Longa Press in Romania. It was translated into Romanian by Flavia Cosma.
    I just got the books on Saturday. The preface was written by Geo Constantinescu, Universitatea din Craiova.

If anyone reads/speaks Romanian, it is available for ordering at:

www.arslonga.ro

I am very excited about this. It is a dream come true. I wanted to share the good news with everyone.

Anyone who is in the Boston area or who will be visiting the Boston area on October 17th is welcome to come to a luncheopn at 12:15 at:
    The Burren
    Davis Square
    Somerville. MA

Come for a cup of coffee, a drink or lunch to help celebrate this book. I will read only one poem and part of the preface. At a later time, I will be launching it with my translator in Canada at a international festival and a book tour in Romania, when my translator and I have enough money saved up to go.

RSVP to: editor@cervenabarvapress.com
    by July 12th if you want to kick up your heels with me at the restaurant.

• Darryl_falling_water.thumb
    Darryl Price
    Jul 06, 09:30am

Congratulations Gloria. That is absolutely wonderful news. I only wish I could read Romanian or for that matter visit Boston and share a cup of coffee, a drink or lunch with you. But I do celebrate the book and you from right here right now.

• S._tepper--nov--lighter.thumb
    Susan Tepper
    Jul 06, 11:50am

Gloria-- a HUGE CONGRATS to a magnificent poet! Can't wait to see the book--

Gloria Mindock
    Jul 06, 01:36pm

Thanks Susan and Darryl for your kind comments. I am so excited by all of this. It's been a good year so far.
    Thanks again-
    I really appreciate the support!
    It means so much!
    I am forever on cloud 9.

Gloria

• Linda.thumb
    Linda Simoni-Wastila
    Jul 07, 05:25am

Congrats to you Gloria! Wonderful news, and so happy your work is finding homes all over the world. I travel often to Boston -- if october 17 is one of those lucky days, I will be sure to BUY you a coffee. Peace...

• Photo_on_2012-05-10_at_10.25.thumb
    Susan Gibb
    Jul 07, 07:27am

That's so terrific, Gloria! Congratulations and if I learn to speak Romanian before it's picked up and published in English (and every other language as well!), I'll get one!

Gloria Mindock
    Jul 07, 10:34am

Thanks Linda-
    Hey, I should be around October 17th and would love to get together for coffee.
    e-mail me and lets plan it!
    thanks-
    Gloria

Gloria Mindock
    Jul 07, 10:37am

Thanks Susan (Gibb)-

I am very happy about it. I have to keep pinching myself. Many of the poems in this Romanian book are in my new book, "Nothing Divine Here" which was published in March of this year. It is amazing to see what a poem looks like in a different language.
    I have to really thank Flavia Cosma for the translating. She really is a gem.

At work, so off I go for now-

• 0804d24.thumb
    Matthew A. Hamilton
    Jul 09, 06:59pm

Great news. Congratulations!

• Innis_author_photo.thumb
    Julie Innis
    Jul 09, 07:10pm

This is wonderful news! Congratulations!

• 2161777446_a91102ea45.thumb
    Matt Dennison
    Jul 09, 07:20pm

Felicitări , Gloria . Asta trebuie să fie foarte interesant!

Gloria Mindock
    Jul 09, 08:34pm

Thanks Matthew, Julie and Matt so much for your well wishes.
    Matt-I will have to translate what you wrote.

Have a nice week-end!

• You must log in to reply to this thread.