Forum / Goodbye to Finn

• Darryl_falling_water.thumb
    Darryl Price
    Jun 16, 08:14am

FF--You will always be greatly beloved and missed by me. You are an inspiration and it was a great honor to work with you. And of course you have to go out on a remarkable piece of writing! I don't know what the world will do without you until you return.Thanks for everything.Your poet pal, Darryl

• Frankenstein-painting_brenda-kato.thumb
    Sam Rasnake
    Jun 16, 08:26am

No words - just space. A sacred space.

• Tux.thumb
    Gary Percesepe

finn!

miss the hell out of you, over here.

wtf

come back, any day now. you will.

meanwhile, do good work. ignore all missives like this. write the hell outta it.

Darryl Price

Finnegan Flawnt of course! we are talking about here, folks.

• S._tepper--nov--lighter.thumb
    Susan Tepper
    Jun 16, 09:08am

This is a tragedy (I am not kidding) for those of us here who have valued, trusted and relied on the infamous voice that is the wisdom and wit behind Finnegan Flawnt--
    much love Finn

• Dscf0571.thumb
    David Ackley
    Jun 16, 09:30am

Finnie's beneficience spread like..well...fertilizer; out of it sprang some amazing work by others. His wonderful "Paddywacker Challenge" a case in point. Thanks, Finn. Don't be a stranger.

• Flawntnewsmall.thumb
    Finnegan Flawnt
    Jun 16, 09:39am

i'm touched everyone, thank you.

today i already enjoyed the truly wonderful sendoff that some of you have given flawnt at metazen blog - http://bit.ly/b8QBML - especially because i never said proper good-byes to fictionaut, a community that has meant a lot to me and whose members i continue to hold high in my heart. alas, my path leads elsewhere. even though it looks like a suicide, rest assured it's a rebirth.

cheerio, mates, and write well!
    ff

ps. tracy lucas has said it on facebook: everyone should have at least some of their funeral while they're still walking. it's a good one.

• Kreuzberg,%20germany%201992.thumb
    Robert Vaughan
    Jun 16, 10:19am

Best to you Finnegan. I will keep in contact from time to time. Thanks for the great memories and encouragement with my writing.

• Richter.thumb
    M.H.
    Jun 16, 11:04am

I hope the afterlife is as good as everyone claims. Best wishes to you & thank you for sharing your wonderful work.
    Cheers!
    Marcelle

• Gloriamindock200x274.thumb
    Gloria Mindock
    Jun 16, 11:54am

So long Finnegan-

You will be missed. I enjoyed reading your work.
    Keep writing and the best to you!!!

• Author_photo.thumb
    James Lloyd Davis
    Jun 16, 01:03pm

It's a strange wake, indeed, where the deceased gets up out of the coffin and takes a toast with the rest of us A wake like that, I would not miss.

Finnegan, we hardy knew ye.

Cheers, eh?

Darryl Price
    Jun 16, 08:36pm

Your own words have said it all, and said it best, You are the real true thing. A writer of amazing talent who deserves to be read the world over for your best stuff sustains us with originality and wit and genius.Come back soon. It's dark in here without you. YPP, dp

• Self_portrait.thumb
    eamon byrne
    Jun 17, 12:40am

Loved your work Finn. But we can still check it out elsewhere, right?

• Photo_on_2012-05-10_at_10.25.thumb
    Susan Gibb
    Jun 17, 09:02am

Not to worry folks, I'm on his trail and won't rest till I find him. I'm guessing it will be on the bookshelves of our favorite stores.

• You must log in to reply to this thread.