Forum / Penny Goring at HTMLGIANT

• 028934-753x1024.thumb
    mxi wodd
    Sep 09, 04:05pm
  • Frankenstein-painting_brenda-kato.thumb
    Sam Rasnake
    Sep 09, 05:24pm

I always enjoy works by Penny Goring. Wonderful writer. Enjoyed the interview.

• Frankie Saxx
    Sep 09, 07:17pm

Awesome. I <3 Penny. She is teh kitten's boots.

• Author_photo.thumb
    James Lloyd Davis
    Sep 09, 08:21pm

If Penny Goring wasn't real, who'd'a had the necessary mind to imagine such a one?

Any peep into her singular mind requires seat belts and air bags. Fascinating.

• Blank_sp.thumb
    Carol Reid
    Sep 10, 02:05am

Penny Goring is a mind-altering substance. Love her work to bits.

• 028934-753x1024.thumb
    mxi wodd
    Sep 10, 03:40am

Wish she hadn't disappeared on us...

• Rebel.thumb
    Sally Houtman
    Sep 10, 04:16am

I'd like to kick around in Penny's brain.

But I'd have to wear my steel-toed boots.

• Image.bedroom.009.expose.thumb
    Ann Bogle
    Sep 10, 06:43am

Her Fictionaut stories are literature. That is where I read her, more thrilling because we could communicate over them in a live Internet environment. Penny Goring has the god-given power to influence without being authoritarian. I had, just the other day, conceived a novel I could write, to satisfy the market appetite for novels and get it over with, my standoff, following their short story embargo. Then I read Penny Goring's interview at HTML Giant, while stifling that feeling that I am not a fan of that web site, persisting; before I had finished reading, Penny Goring had influenced my feeling about the concept that had just formed for a novel. Perhaps I will can it; perhaps I will write it with the knowledge that writers as discerning as Penny Goring are in the audience. *

• Kreuzberg,%20germany%201992.thumb
    Robert Vaughan
    Sep 11, 12:38pm

Penny's The Zoom Zoom book, along with her writing here at FN, has always motivated me to soar with my own limitations. She is boundless, fearless and I am so grateful for her writing. Take off the shackles, and head for the abyss!

• Darryl_falling_water.thumb
    Darryl Price
    Sep 11, 03:39pm

A wonderful writer and an inspiration.

• Image.bedroom.009.expose.thumb
    Ann Bogle
    Sep 13, 02:53pm

Penny Goring deserves praise and recognition for her extraordinary writing. In describing her work as edgy, it is important to remember the stress that writing creates, edgy writing creates more stress, and typical resources for handling stress fail to recognize the artist (who makes an athletic form of self-sacrifice in the service of art). Those resources (clinics and programs) may try to shuffle or file or group or lead true artists off with the rest of the crew, diagnosed because services require codes for collecting fees and insurance redemption. There is a price for creating extensive writing, writing that extends beyond convention, and so Penny Goring deserves readers' humble thanks as well as praise.

• Jane.thumb
    Jane Flett
    Sep 14, 08:22am

zooom! This is awesome. Especially the bit about the moors.

• You must log in to reply to this thread.