Forum / 'The Merrill Diaries' by Susan Tepper now available

• Matt004sm.thumb
    Matt Potter
    Jul 28, 01:56am

Pure Slush Books is proud to announce the publication of 'The Merrill Diaries' by Susan Tepper.

To roder, click on the link below, and for some great words on 'The Merrill Diaries' scroll further.

http://www.lulu.com/shop/susan-tepper/the-merrill-diaries/paperback/product-21131870.html

Susan Tepper’s hilarious The Merrill Diaries follows a quirky young woman running from a couple of doozy marriages but mainly from herself. Humor as well as pathos are discovered as our narrator opens up to the world, takes risks, and learns. The language is whip smart, the characters live and breathe on the page. A beautiful book.
    Bonnie ZoBell, author of The Whack-Job Girls and Other Stories

Raymond Carver meets Jennifer Egan in Susan Tepper’s new book, The Merrill Diaries, in which a restless young woman finds love and lust. The language is spare and intense getting quickly into the staccato rhythms of Merrill’s slap-dash life. Merrill is never long without a man and her patter about her adventures is fast-paced entertainment. From London to a Pennsylvania nunnery and onto Italy and points beyond, the reader never knows where she’s going next. I don’t think Merrill ever knows either. “When I don’t know what to do, I generally run away.” Great fun, yet sad too.
    Gay Degani, author of Pomegranate Stories and staff editor at Smokelong Quarterly

The Merrill Diaries takes you on a wild ride you don’t want to exit. This novel in stories is the end of innocence and the start of “the broken tracks, the roads where the river has flooded over.” Merrill is one of the most interesting, inventive characters I’ve read in a long time. A delightful, extraordinary book giving us a look at one woman’s unique destiny.
    Gloria Mindock, editor of Červená Barva Press

• 028934-753x1024.thumb
    mxi wodd
    Jul 28, 04:44am

Have you considered approaching Marcus Spech (sp?) for a blurb?

He's probably busy being interviewed somewhere, anywhere (famous writers are interviewed, therefore being interviewed makes you a...)

Just a thought.

Good Luck!

• Night_chorus_book_cover.thumb
    Joani Reese
    Jul 31, 10:32pm

Looking forward to reading this book. Loved Susan's previous book. Congratulations to Susan.

• Dsc_0162.thumb
    Michelle Elvy
    Aug 02, 04:43am

Congrats! Looking forward to seeing my copy!

• You must log in to reply to this thread.