Forum / AWP Boston

• Img_0089.thumb
    Gessy Alvarez
    Jan 17, 06:33am

So who's going?

• Dsc_7543.thumb
    Gloria Garfunkel
    Jan 17, 08:31am

I live just outside Boston. I'm going for the first time and hope to meet some of you in person. I'm really excited.

• Img_0089.thumb
    Gessy Alvarez
    Jan 17, 03:58pm

Oh, good Gloria. I'll be there.

There are so many journals out there so it's nice to be able to meet the people behind them. Talk to them about writing and stuff. The readings taking place within and outside the conference are great too.

I would love to meet more Fictionaut peeps and have coffee or a drinks.

• 0001_pabst_blue_ribbon_time.thumb
    Dolemite
    Jan 17, 04:32pm

"or a drinks."

;-)

• Nathaniel%20tower.thumb
    Nathaniel Tower
    Jan 17, 05:00pm

Bartleby Snopes will be represented with a table, but I won't be there myself. Hopefully next year. Be sure to stop by our table and say "hi" to Justin though.

• Img_0089.thumb
    Gessy Alvarez
    Jan 17, 05:10pm

Ha, or drinks (plural) of course...damn ipad keyboard is always censoring me (ugh!)

Justin shall be visited and possibly hugged.

G

• Updated_bio.thumb
    James Claffey
    Jan 17, 05:30pm

yes. god willing and the river don't rise.

• Kreuzberg,%20germany%201992.thumb
    Robert Vaughan
    Jan 17, 09:00pm

I'll be there Gessy, Gloria, and James, and will be reading at off-site events on Weds, Thurs and Friday. I think some other FN peeps are also reading in some of these. Event information forthcoming.

• Jalousie.thumb
    stephen hastings-king
    Jan 17, 09:09pm

I live close to Boston so was vaguely planning on being there. It'd be cool to meet folk and maybe read something if there's a gig. No idea how these things work, though. Beverages are, of course.

• Img_0089.thumb
    Gessy Alvarez
    Jan 17, 10:52pm

This makes me so happy. Can't wait to see what everyone ends up doing.

I like to lay low, enjoy the journals, food, drinks, parties, readings, and impromptu get-togethers.

• Linda.thumb
    Linda Simoni-Wastila
    Jan 17, 11:47pm

I'll be there--yay! Not reading anywhere (though am willing if anyone invites me, hint-hint). There is an awesome offsite on Friday at Passim in Cambridge featuring The Eckleberg Review--y'all come out, ya hear?

I'm up for an informal Fictionaut meet and greet--anyone else game?

Can't wait to meet all of you! Peace...

• Canada_usa_2011_002.thumb
    Christopher Allen
    Jan 18, 09:47am

I'm going. Just booked everything last night. I will be the guy begging for food on the corner. Hmmmm. Maybe a possible "outside venue"? The corner?

• Dsc_7543.thumb
    Gloria Garfunkel
    Jan 18, 10:07am

I'm very game for an informal meet and greet. It's a great idea.

Christopher Allen
    Jan 18, 10:14am

So am I. Would love to see all of you!

• Linda.thumb
    Linda Simoni-Wastila
    Jan 18, 02:21pm

There's a comfy Irish pub in my hotel (The Lenox) that we could meet at before the readings. The Lenox is on Boylston a few blocks down from the convention center. (I stay there for sentimental reasons--they used to have THE BEST piano bar in the 1990s, and there was where I hung). I'm in Beantown W-Sat night, so if folks are interested, let me know when--and then we can go to offsites from there.

I would love to meet you all! Peace...

• Img_0089.thumb
    Gessy Alvarez
    Jan 18, 02:38pm

That's great, Linda!

I get in on Friday. I'm hoping to catch Robert V. reading, so if you are at his reading on Friday look for me. I'll be wearing a black leather jacket and yellow scarf.

I'm also available through Facebook. So friend me if you haven't yet.

:)

• Linda.thumb
    Linda Simoni-Wastila
    Jan 18, 04:29pm

Ah Gessy, you are sooooo cute! Where is RV reading, and when? And how on earth do you already know what you will be wearing? I'll find you on fb. Actually, I think we're already fb buds. Cheerio for now...

• Img_0089.thumb
    Gessy Alvarez
    Jan 18, 04:57pm

Robert's on the thread. He mentioned reading Wed, Thurs., and Friday. Venues may not be secured yet for some of the off-site readings.

Oh and I always wear a leather jacket and a yellow scarf, it's my French thing to do ;)

• Img_0741.thumb
    See ya
    Jan 18, 05:31pm

Foxhead Books and Sackett Street Writers will have a table. Stop by and say hello.

• 100722-183348.thumb
    Neil Serven
    Jan 19, 08:59am

I will be there, for a couple days at least. Would definitely like to catch up with Fn peeps.

Robert Vaughan
    Jan 19, 05:18pm

I'm staying at the Marriott Copley Place, which is one of two host hotels for the AWP Conference. I'll be reading on Wednesday evening in the off-site reading called Festival of Language, at Dillon's in Boston, from 5:30- 10:00 p.m. There are several other Fictionaut folks on the roster, including but not limited to Len Kuntz, Meg Tuite, Bill Yarrow, and more.
    The reading is structured in three "sets" and Meg and I are in the 7:00 p.m. start time.

It would be great to meet any or all of you there, and if we are friends on FB, personal message me and I am happy to exchange numbers to text once in Boston. Easier that way.

The reading on Thursday is at LIR, at 903 Boyleston Street across from the Hynes Convention Center and here is the description and participants:
    Come and witness words and artistry in motion, distorting meanings and kicking expectation to the curb at Festival of Languageā€™s first annual reading eXperiment conducted game show style with Jane L. Carman, Ryan Clark, Andy Farnsworth, Jenny Ferguson, Beth Gilstrap, Sonya Huber, Kathryn Kysar, R.B. Moreno, Theresa O'Donnell, Ted Pelton, Erin Rhodes, Anita Schmaltz, Sarah Stonich, Ben Tanzer, Meg Tuite, and Robert Vaughan.

On Friday the off-site reading is called HEAT, and will be hosted by Anna March and Meg Tuite. There will be many Fictionaut readers in this event, and information forthcoming about place, times and so forth.

Get your party pants on folks! We are going to have a blast.

Christopher Allen
    Jan 19, 07:07pm

The Irish pub sounds perfect, Linda! Can we reserve a table?

RV, I hope I arrive soon enough to hear you read on Wednesday. It'll be really close, but maybe I can taje a taxi from the airport directly to the venue?

Robert Vaughan
    Jan 21, 07:33pm

CA, that would be wonderful! I think my slot will not occur until closer to 7:30 or so. Meg Tuite's time is promptly at 7 unfortunately, as she starts the second set we are both in. I believe Bill and Len K are in the third set, but not certain.

Linda, Gessy, Neil and others- are you willing to come to Dillon's for this reading? Or were you wanting to meet sometime before dinner and do your own things?

• Linda.thumb
    Linda Simoni-Wastila
    Jan 22, 11:03am

I can def reserve a table--perhaps Thursday or Friday night? I'll let all know as the event approaches.

Robert, not sure about Dillons, I don't think I arrive until after 7, but Thursday night works for me, and possibly Friday (depending on where it is).

Very exciting! Peace...

Christopher Allen
    Jan 22, 11:48am

I won't be arriving from Deutschland until 6:25 p.m. on Wednesday, which means I wouldn't be able to get anywhere until at least 8:00. Thursday or Friday would be better for me too. :)

• Img_0089.thumb
    Gessy Alvarez
    Jan 22, 08:00pm

I'm arriving on Friday so if there are any plans for dinner that night, count me in. I'm staying at the Marriott Copley Place.

Looking forward to meeting all of you!

G

• You must log in to reply to this thread.