Forum / Bending Light Into Verse—In Those Days We

• Mosaic_man_marcus.thumb
    Marcus Speh
    Nov 26, 08:01am

Out now: "In Those Days We (Bending Light Into Verse)" — http://bit.ly/InThoseDaysWe — with stories by J Bradley, Molly Gaudry, Len Kuntz, Parker Tettleton, David Tomaloff, Meg Tuite, J A Tyler, Robert Vaughan, myself and others. Online version from ISSUU, paperback to come out in a few weeks.

This is a beautiful book full of pictures and stories assembled by Jennifer Tomaloff. The pictures are mysterious because we don't know the stories behind them. They're strangely familiar to those of us with families. Many of them unmistakably come from a time long lost to America and thereby to the world. The stories that fill the book were written with the pictures as prompts and they're powerful. I'm delighted to be part of this Tomaloff project—once again a peculiar "bending of light into verse" form. It's a violation of the laws of physics: light particles that are everywhere at once because they're part of a fictional universe of infinite meaning and size. But you don't need a PhD to appreciate the mixture: a pair of eyes connected to a blood-filled heart will do fine.

• Frankie Saxx
    Nov 26, 09:55am

Nice. (Now, to remember my ISSUU login...)

• Darryl_falling_water.thumb
    Darryl Price
    Nov 26, 04:41pm

Terrific idea--beautifully done, and so much fun to read and look at!The amazing flow of invention,imagination and sheer audacity makes it one of my favorite reads right now. Very cool!This is what art can do--open up all the possibilities and reveal the timeless connections.

• Kreuzberg,%20germany%201992.thumb
    Robert Vaughan
    Nov 26, 05:44pm

Thanks for posting this Marcus, and a great honor to share space with you in this amazing anthology. It is really a gorgeous book that Jennifer Tomaloff assembled with the various images that harken back to days past, and the intriguing pieces of prose that the various writers added. As my buddy, Darryl put it so succinctly: a terrific idea! Can't wait for the book to be released for numerous holiday gifts.

• Frankenstein-painting_brenda-kato.thumb
    Sam Rasnake
    Nov 26, 06:46pm

Outstanding project. Wonderful gathering of works. Congratulations to you, Marcus - and everyone involved.

It's a great read.

• Night_chorus_book_cover.thumb
    Joani Reese
    Nov 28, 12:10am

Looking forward to reading this one. Lots of talent in there.

• You must log in to reply to this thread.