Forum / Connotation Press

• Dsc_7543.thumb
    Gloria Garfunkel
    Nov 01, 05:40pm

Huge thanks to Meg Tuite for publishing my first three flash parts of Birds of Prayer. The next five can be found on Fictionaut.

• Meg%20profile%20pic.thumb
    Meg Tuite
    Nov 01, 05:51pm

I was just going to post your work here in the forum and you beat me to it, Gloria!
    Gloria is the featured fiction writer for November in Connotation Press. Hope everyone gets a chance to read her incomparable work and find out more about her process in our interview.
    Thank you so much, Gloria, for sending CP some of your pure brilliance!

http://connotationpress.com/fiction/1605-gloria-garfunkel-fiction

• Updated_bio.thumb
    James Claffey
    Nov 01, 07:10pm

yes. these are MUST READ stories. simply sensational writing.

• Frankenstein-painting_brenda-kato.thumb
    Sam Rasnake
    Nov 01, 07:20pm

Saw the post in Facebook - and had a great read. Strong works, Gloria. Glad those pieces found a home in CP, Meg. I like the writing.

• Kreuzberg,%20germany%201992.thumb
    Robert Vaughan
    Nov 01, 08:01pm

These stories are so moving, so original, and amazing. Congratulations, Gloria and CP to have your work at such a tremendous site.

• Night_chorus_book_cover.thumb
    Joani Reese
    Nov 01, 09:43pm

Glad your work can join our family of fine writers, Gloria. Welcome to CP.

• Photo%2015.thumb
    Gary Hardaway
    Nov 02, 02:57pm

Congratulations on well-deserved recognition and exposure to a larger audience.

• Author_photo.thumb
    James Lloyd Davis
    Nov 02, 04:39pm

Yes, congratulations Gloria.

Fictionaut has provided a gateway for many writers, enabling them to reach larger audiences through networking. Some deride the manner of it as 'backscratching,' but this residual effect is a benefit that provides encouragement, again through networking for recognition of good writers outside the 'normal' path, whatever that represents in modern times.

There are many people who have been active and generous here... people like Meg Tuite, Joani Reese, Robert Vaughn, Susan Tepper, Sam Rasnake, Barry Basden, Marcus Speh and so many others others who have been a great help to so many by opening their venues and attention to new and heretofore unrecognized writers.

It's a great 'place' with a great membership and though there has been a slight decline in participation, I for one look for a renewed burst of enthusiasm.

• Web_bio_newglasses.thumb
    J.A. Pak
    Nov 02, 07:55pm

Congrats, Gloria! And, James, I can't agree with you more. Amazed by the generosity of the Fictionaut community.

• Facebook.thumb
    John Riley
    Nov 02, 11:21pm

Congratulations, Gloria. Great stories. Good to see them reaching a wider audience.

• Dsc_7543.thumb
    Gloria Garfunkel
    Nov 03, 02:21am

Thanks so much everyone. I'm so flattered and honored. Meg has been a total sweetheart to work with. An editor one dreams of.

• Img_0089.thumb
    Gessy Alvarez
    Nov 03, 10:07am

The stories are wonderful. Congrats, Gloria!

• Dsc_7543.thumb
    Gloria Garfunkel
    Nov 07, 01:32am

Thanks, Gessy.

• You must log in to reply to this thread.