Forum / scissors & spackle is LIVE

• Night_chorus_book_cover.thumb
    Joani Reese
    Jun 23, 10:10pm

My first foray into fiction editing is now live at scissors & spackle, and Issue VII contains excellent work by people who are familiar to the denizens of Fictionaut. Here is a partial list of the talented artists featured in June's Issue VII:

Gita Smith
    MaryAnne Kolton
    Bill Lantry
    James Claffey
    Alex Pruteanu
    Andrew Stancek
    Susan Tepper
    Sally Houtman
    Meg Tuite
    Jules Archer
    Stephen V. Ramey
    David Tomaloff
    Linda Simoni-Wastila
    Harley May
    Luke Rolfes
    Sam Duda
    Amy Evans
    Sarah Crotts
    Mathieu Cailler
    Thomas Averill
    Viaju Joshi

Every piece is hand-picked from a host of truly excellent work submitted. Thanks to all the fine writers who sent their work to me for consideration and those of you who generously agreed to send your work at my request. You made this a great, great issue. The issue is available both online and in print and will be for sale at many bookstores in the western states. It will be offered at Powell's as well. THAT is cool.

Good reading! http://www.scissorsandspackle.com/current-issue-provate/fiction/

• Author_photo.thumb
    James Lloyd Davis
    Jun 24, 01:50am

Beautiful issue. Well done, Joani.

• Frankenstein-painting_brenda-kato.thumb
    Sam Rasnake
    Jun 24, 02:28am

This is wonderful, Joani. Congratulations. Great list of writers. Looking forward to the read.

• Night_chorus_book_cover.thumb
    Joani Reese
    Jun 24, 03:24am

Thanks, Sam and James. I wish there was a job out there for an editor that actually paid. I loved editing this issue and making suggestions for revision and improvements to certain parts of people's stories. They all turned out so well, and I am delighted with the final product. The print version is a bit different in that I placed each story in one of three sections with each section headed up by one of three pieces I accepted by Thomas Fox Averil that suggests a theme for the stories that follow it. The placement creates a sort of holistic balance between the stories and adds to their power. I'm looking forward to reading the print version, as it was not possible to place the stories in the order I intended in the online version.

• S._tepper--nov--lighter.thumb
    Susan Tepper
    Jun 24, 10:02pm

Joani, this is truly a stellar line up of writers (writing) and I'm so looking forward to getting a few copies of the print issue, it looks GORGEOUS!!!!

• Linda.thumb
    Linda Simoni-Wastila
    Jun 25, 11:07am

So far, wonderful reading, each poem and story a delicious tapas. But together--what a meal! Joani, you did a stupendous job selecting the stories so they complement each other. Very much looking forward to savoring the print version in my hands, to see how you intended them to interlock. Love that this will be sold in bookstores out west--is it possible to list them? Peace...

• Gloriamindock200x274.thumb
    Gloria Mindock
    Jun 25, 06:31pm

Congratulations Joani!
    I look so forward to reading it and what a great line-up of writers. I am very happy for you!

• Dtpen.thumb
    David Tomaloff
    Jun 26, 12:43pm

Yes! I know I've said it, but I'm happy to say it again: thanks, Joani, for including my work among friends and brilliant writers.

• Updated_bio.thumb
    James Claffey
    Jun 26, 03:39pm

it's amazing, joani. the stories are phenomenal. i was blown away by the quality. james

• Fictionaut.thumb
    W.F. Lantry
    Jun 27, 04:57pm

Truly lovely, Joani! Thanks for putting together such a spectacular issue!

• You must log in to reply to this thread.