Forum / Excerpt at GUERNICA

• Author_wide.thumb
    Jürgen Fauth
    Apr 02, 11:45am

Very excited to have an excerpt of my upcoming novel KINO published in the new issue of GUERNICA today: http://www.guernicamag.com/fiction/langs-dragon

It's about the making of Fritz Lang's DIE NIBELUNGEN... hope you enjoy it.

• S._tepper--nov--lighter.thumb
    Susan Tepper
    Apr 02, 02:56pm

Fast paced, edgy, dark, jittery, voyeuristic: I loved this story excerpted from Jurgen's new book KINO!!! WOW!!! Check this out!

• Darryl_falling_water.thumb
    Darryl Price
    Apr 02, 03:59pm

"Lang’s movies didn’t allow room for the incidental; he imposed his will on every element on the set. He was a liar and a fraud. But I had felt the power of the dragon, had tasted the unfettered potential of cinema to create something true and beautiful and dangerous, and I had to have more."....I agree with Susan, very fast-paced and exciting in sentence structure. Shows a real command over both language and story. What a gorgeous feat of writing you've created here,Jürgen! Congratulations!Can't wait to read the whole thing from beginning to end.

• Author_wide.thumb
    Jürgen Fauth
    Apr 02, 04:48pm

Thank you guys so much, I really appreciate it.

• Kreuzberg,%20germany%201992.thumb
    Robert Vaughan
    Apr 02, 05:07pm

Great excerpt Jurgen, really leaves me craving for more and I can't wait to read your new book, KINO! Congratulations!

• Author_wide.thumb
    Jürgen Fauth
    Apr 02, 05:32pm
  • Dscf0571.thumb
    David Ackley
    Apr 02, 06:20pm

Terrific storytelling: count me in for a copy of the novel, Jurgen. Congratulations, the writing is really superb.

• Night_chorus_book_cover.thumb
    Joani Reese
    Apr 02, 07:46pm

Will wander over when my long Monday is done. Congratulations on getting such great exposure. I'm looking forward to reading the book in its entirety.

• Gloriamindock200x274.thumb
    Gloria Mindock
    Apr 08, 01:21pm

Congratulations Jurgen. Can't wait to read the whole thing!

• You must log in to reply to this thread.