Forum / "Pocket Poems" for National Poetry Month

• Creative_eye.thumb
    Judith A. Lawrence
    Mar 12, 03:34pm

Dig into your files of poetry for that very short poem that would fit scrawled on a napkin, and post it to the new "Pocket Poems" Group in honor of National Poetry Month in April. You can also make copies of your scraps of poems, and freely distribute them in cafe's, coffee shops, on trains, planes, park benches, in library books, left behind for someone to find, an idea originating from Richard Hansen's 'Poems For All" - tiny booklets freely distributed everywhere.

• Night_chorus_book_cover.thumb
    Joani Reese
    Mar 12, 04:40pm

I give my students the opportunity to keep their favorite poems in their pockets throughout April. They can pull them out and read them to random strangers, and if they film their readings, I give them extra credit. They love it, and it's my way of spreading poems and poets into the world. I keep a few in my pockets at all times -- April is NOT the cruelest month.

• S._tepper--nov--lighter.thumb
    Susan Tepper
    Mar 12, 08:15pm

Judith and Joani, this is very nice, I will def send some poems to the group.

• Meg%20profile%20pic.thumb
    Meg Tuite
    Mar 12, 11:04pm

So love this concept!!! Thanks, Judith!

• Kreuzberg,%20germany%201992.thumb
    Robert Vaughan
    Mar 12, 11:56pm

Great ideas are put forth by dreamers with immense imaginations. Let's keep dropping poetry into daily lives every day we possibly can.

• Linda.thumb
    Linda Simoni-Wastila
    Mar 13, 03:12pm

I love April. A poem a day. Thanks Judith for starting this group. I love the idea of passing out poems on the street, the metro, before I begin my lectures. Peace...

• Darryl_falling_water.thumb
    Darryl Price
    Mar 16, 03:05pm

The Loss

of any
    is

sad to
    the One.

• 0001_pabst_blue_ribbon_time.thumb
    Dolemite
    Mar 16, 05:05pm

That's good, Darryl.

• Darryl_falling_water.thumb
    Darryl Price
    Mar 16, 10:11pm

Thanks, Matt!

• Meg%20profile%20pic.thumb
    Meg Tuite
    Mar 16, 11:15pm

LOVE that, Darryl!!! Hope you'll be writing one a day forever!!!

• You must log in to reply to this thread.