Forum / Hello old friends

• 408a4808.thumb
    Kait Mauro
    Mar 02, 04:37pm

I disappeared from Fictionaut for a while but I'm back and I want to say hello again to everyone and to thank all of the people who commented so diligently and supportively on my terrible, angst-ridden writing all throughout high school in this space.

I'm finishing up my second year of college now in St Louis as a Women, Gender and Sexuality Studies major and a writing minor. They don't offer a writing major here. Poetry and photography are my main creative outlets these days.

Sharon Olds, Ellen Bass, Mary Oliver and Dana Levin's work has become a sort of religion to me.

Also, I need to talk to more writers. I need people to read my drafts and share their reactions and suggestions for them. I would like to do this for other people too. I know that is what this site is for but I'm interested in finding some people to work with on a more personal, consistent level. If you want to introduce yourself, please message me or email me at kaitmauro@gmail.com or hell, I wouldn't mind if you called 412 225 9050.

Hello again, old friends.

• Darryl_falling_water.thumb
    Darryl Price
    Mar 02, 09:03pm

Great to have you back with us! Send me your stuff anytime. I'll be glad to give you a personal response. Good luck with everything.

• Kreuzberg,%20germany%201992.thumb
    Robert Vaughan
    Mar 02, 10:59pm

Kait, your presence has been missed around these parts! Also, I am so lucky to be taking a workshop with Ellen Bass this spring, she is one of my favorite poets, too!

Just know this family is always here for you.

Robert

• 408a4808.thumb
    Kait Mauro
    Mar 03, 04:02am

Darryl, I am going to take you up on that!

Robert, I am so jealous of you! Please tell me all about it.

• Kreuzberg,%20germany%201992.thumb
    Robert Vaughan
    Mar 04, 01:19pm

Kait, it's called Truth and Beauty and is outside of Washington, D.C. the week of 5/29- 6/3. Not only do I get to bask in the wonder of Ellen Bass, but also Dorianne Laux, and Marie Howe. Truly, I can die now!!!!

• Linda.thumb
    Linda Simoni-Wastila
    Mar 04, 02:06pm

Kait, welcome back. I have been enjoying your pieces very much--the time away gave you time to write ;^) I also throw myself prostate at the feet of Sharon Olds and Mary Oliver. Peace...

• Canada_usa_2011_002.thumb
    Christopher Allen
    Mar 05, 06:17pm

Hi! :)

• 408a4808.thumb
    Kait Mauro
    Mar 06, 07:44am

Hi. :)

• You must log in to reply to this thread.