Forum / Interview at GALO magazine

• Mosaic_man_marcus.thumb
    Marcus Speh
    Jan 05, 09:32am

GALO (for: Global Art Laid Out) just published <a href="http://www.galomagazine.com/artculture/marcus-speh-birkenkrahe-the-german-who-writes-in-english/">an interview with me</a>. It was conducted by writer and musician <a href="http://www.fictionaut.com/users/tim-young">Tim Young</a> over Skype with him sitting in his Manhattan apartment and me in Berlin.

This is a raw and raucous transcript of our conversation...and there are no more secrets as far as I'm concerned for the rest of this decade. Many thanks to Tim who asked marvelous questions and created a wonderful atmosphere for this exchange.

Unfortunately, Tim cut out all the bits where I talked about his own work, which is wonderful. Check it out here on Fictionaut or <a href="http://redlemona.de/author/tim-young-0">at Red Lemonade</a>. Thanks for reading, folks.

• Night_chorus_book_cover.thumb
    Joani Reese
    Jan 05, 02:54pm

Just read it, Marcus. What a fascinating life you're carving out for yourself. The questions were well developed and the answers revealing. Good luck with the novel in 2012.

• Kreuzberg,%20germany%201992.thumb
    Robert Vaughan
    Jan 05, 03:58pm

Great interview, Marcus! Thanks for posting the link to GALO magazine. And like Joani, I wish you all the best with following your passions! Novel, stories...I can't wait to read them all.

• Img_0654-2.thumb
    MaryAnne Kolton
    Jan 05, 04:43pm

Marcus, brilliant, shape-shifting, Marcus.
    I love that you have revealed yourself to the world. Best of luck in everything you choose to do!

• S._tepper--nov--lighter.thumb
    Susan Tepper
    Jan 05, 06:20pm

Marcus you never fail to amaze! Wonderful interview, ground-breaking ... What else do you have in store???

• Darryl_falling_water.thumb
    Darryl Price
    Jan 05, 09:01pm

Loved this interview, Marcus. I had to laugh when he put you on the spot with Beatles or Stones, but you are sly, my friend.Pink Floyd. I feel I know way more about you now than I ever thought I would or could--you are one amazing human being there, pal! Seriously, what a life.And we are the lucky ones for it, getting to enjoy your wonderful stories. Write on.I like being in the world at the same time. Makes me happier just knowing you're out there.

• Linda.thumb
    Linda Simoni-Wastila
    Jan 06, 01:51am

great interview marcus. yes, so many sides. you've lived large for your years, and i find it hard to believe you were first published in 2009.

your name(s) -- very interesting.

you know how i feel about the novel. so... get to it ;^) peace...

• With_ted_3.thumb
    Bill Yarrow
    Jan 06, 05:51am

GREAT interview!

• Mosaic_man_marcus.thumb
    Marcus Speh
    Jan 06, 01:57pm

You're all very kind, thank you for reading and commenting. I'm going to take all those brilliant good vibes with me into 2012 — best wishes to all of you from Berlin!

• You must log in to reply to this thread.