Forum / Thank You from your poet pal, dp

• Darryl_falling_water.thumb
    Darryl Price
    Jan 03, 09:31pm

Last year was the roughest, saddest year of my life, bar none, I really didn't know how I was going to make it out alive,but because of Fictionaut I had some place amazing to go to where I could at least be my real self, express myself as intended, make a little art, and be inspired over and over again to carry on. It saved me in many ways. That's all I wanted to say. I know many of you are up against the same wall, or worse. I don't mean to compare sorrows. I just wanted to take a moment at the beginning of a brand new year for all of us to say to all of you that your work matters a lot to me, it makes a huge difference to me. I used it as a lifeline many, many times throughout the last year.So thanks for all the incredible stories and the beautiful poems and the highly original art and the thoughtful, deep discussions.I loved all of that.And still do.

• Nicolette_apr_2012.thumb
    Nicolette Wong
    Jan 03, 09:47pm

Thank you, Darryl, for posting this thoughtful and incredibly gracious message. For showing your appreciation of fellow writers who're also here to admire your work and sentiments - which have been inspiring for many of us. And for opening up, in such heartfelt manners, on this forum. It's a beautiful thing. May 2012 be a good year for you.

• S._tepper--nov--lighter.thumb
    Susan Tepper
    Jan 03, 10:59pm

I so much second what Nicolette has written here. Darryl you are an inspiration back to all of us, that's crucial for you to keep close. Because you have always given as good as you get.
    Your amazing story that's up right now at whlr.com was first seen here, and I will never forget that story. Never. It takes me to a whole other level.

• Kreuzberg,%20germany%201992.thumb
    Robert Vaughan
    Jan 04, 02:45am

Darryl, love you. I honestly love you. Happy 2012.

• With_ted_3.thumb
    Bill Yarrow
    Jan 04, 05:17am

Darryl,

You radiate joy wherever you are and your postings on Fictionaut are joyful occasions.

You matter to Fictionaut and you matter to me.

You make much more than "a little" art.

Thank you for being DP.

To a better 2012 for you and your family.

• Mosaic_man_marcus.thumb
    Marcus Speh
    Jan 04, 07:48am

Dear Darryl, you're a tall, beautiful poppy in a field of beautiful poppies. I loved "That Kind of Body" at Wilderness House Review for all the qualities that also characterize you as a man and poet and that will always bring readers and admirers to your work. May 2012 be your year!

• Linda.thumb
    Linda Simoni-Wastila
    Jan 04, 03:16pm

Dear DP, you do spread so much happiness and goodwill, not having you here at fictionaut would make this a different place, a more sterile place. You certainly welcomed me when I joined last spring, and peppered my life with your sweet, perceptive poems.

I am happy you made it through 2011, and hope 2012 brings you greater satisfaction and peace. Your friend, Linda

• Myra.thumb
    Myra King
    Jan 05, 08:30am

I totally agree with Linda. I simply love your poetry, Darryl, it always leaves me breathless - such talent! and I still remember the interview about you letting butterflies loose in your house when you were just a boy (living poetry). You had the magic in you way back then and it has grown stronger every year. All the very best my friend for 2012.

• Img_0741.thumb
    See ya
    Jan 05, 06:27pm

You're a solid soul, Darryl. Your Native American name would have to be Bright Night Cloud.

• S._tepper--nov--lighter.thumb
    Susan Tepper
    Jan 05, 06:35pm

What Marcus said about "That Kind of Body" just resonates over and over with me. I'm in love with that story. You have splattered its soul all through the piece and there is so much kindness and innocence and lack of guile that it knocks me out with each re-reading.

• You must log in to reply to this thread.