Forum / Julie Innis Hosts FIZZ @ KGB Bar, Monday December 19!

• S._tepper--nov--lighter.thumb
    Susan Tepper
    Dec 17, 04:14pm

Julie Innis will host FIZZ reading for *Red Lemonade* writers @ KGB Bar on Monday, December 19

Readers are Susan Tepper, Jon Reiss, Richard Fulco, Zola Acker

KGB Bar
    85 East 4th Street
    NYC
    7pm
    free event

http://kgbbar.com/calendar/events/fizz_presents_red_lemonade/

• Meg%20profile%20pic.thumb
    Meg Tuite
    Dec 17, 04:59pm

What an amazing group and I'm so SAD I cannot be there!!! It's going to be incredible! Hope you get some photos!!!

Can't wait to hear all about it!!!
    Love that Julie Innis is hosting!!!
    Outstanding!

Congratulations, Susan, on your upcoming book!!!

• Matt004sm.thumb
    Matt Potter
    Dec 18, 09:05am

GOOD LUCK GOOD LUCK GOOD LUCK Susan x

Susan Tepper
    Dec 18, 10:46pm

Meg & Matt, wish you both could be here for this reading! We will also be doing the BIG FICTIONAUT BASH on Saturday, June 23 at the KGB! So everyone mark your calendars!!!

• Night_chorus_book_cover.thumb
    Joani Reese
    Dec 20, 11:21pm

So, where are the photos? How'd it go? Was a marvelous time had by all? Where's the dirt?

Susan Tepper
    Dec 21, 12:45am

Joani, it was a very good night. Julie was a beautiful and welcoming host. All the readings were different which made it interesting. We packed the KGB. Everyone seemed happy. I don't know anything about photos because I try to ignore them (being photo phobic)..
    No real dirt, per se.. the wild people stayed home. tee hee...

• Image.bedroom.009.expose.thumb
    Ann Bogle
    Dec 21, 06:12am

What was the best single word choice of the night? Best line? I wish I could have been there to see y'all and listen. KGB is my destination June 23.

• Kreuzberg,%20germany%201992.thumb
    Robert Vaughan
    Dec 21, 01:05pm

I was there in spirit, all the way from Kerala! I'm sure you all rocked the packed house! xoxo

• Matt004sm.thumb
    Matt Potter
    Dec 21, 01:19pm

I was not there. I wish I could have been, but that will have to wait until June 2012. I was, however, at work, teaching my students the meaning and proper pronunciation of the word "cunt" ... just in case you were wondering ...

• Image.bedroom.009.expose.thumb
    Ann Bogle
    Dec 21, 06:44pm

M**t, let's take it outside!

Susan Tepper
    Dec 22, 12:11am

Ha ha! Interesting how this posting turned... because to answer Ann: there was a story about a heroin addict squirting semen on a windshield (not my story!)
    Well, June 23 is sure to be a humdinger!

• Matt004sm.thumb
    Matt Potter
    Dec 22, 08:03am

ha ha ha ... what a great turnaround! Wish I had heard the windshield story!

Susan Tepper
    Dec 22, 11:14am

It can get pretty wild at times at the KGB. Gloria Mindock and I hosted our first one there together, and a fight broke out over a poet! A drunken woman was screaming at the poet! Can you imagine! All the stories (real and made up) that the bartenders have heard-- Wow! They should print a KGB Bartenders Anthology of favorite picks.
    But it's been pretty tame lately. No fights. Nice crowds, good readers, and lots of fun.

• You must log in to reply to this thread.