Forum / At last a blog!

• Img_0654-2.thumb
    MaryAnne Kolton
    Sep 26, 12:48am

Nobody can say I'm so not 21st Century. I finally have a blog. When I get everything figured out, it will have book reviews, really nasty pictures and other good stuff. . .The part about the nasty pictures? I made that up. There are other sites for that - not that I've ever seen one. . .
    Please drop by and say Hi or Whats up? or whatever makes you happy. Thanks and I'm so cool, no?

• Img_0654-2.thumb
    MaryAnne Kolton
    Sep 26, 12:49am

Yeah, well, perhaps the address might make it easier, do ya think?
    http://maryannekolton.blogspot.com/

• With_ted_3.thumb
    Bill Yarrow
    Sep 26, 02:23am

"I'm so cool, no?"

TRES cool!

Really enjoyed your blog, MaryAnn. Nice job!

• Kreuzberg,%20germany%201992.thumb
    Robert Vaughan
    Sep 26, 02:28am

MAK, welcome to whatever century this is...will you remind me on your blog? Thanks...!!!

• Night_chorus_book_cover.thumb
    Joani Reese
    Sep 26, 03:30pm

Dang, MaryAnne! I love the format there. You're blog makes me consider moving all my stuff from tumblr to a place clearly more functional (tumblr has no links or spaces for comments that I've ever been able to find). Cool blog. I'll be checking in there often. Nice work.

• Jalousie.thumb
    stephen hastings-king
    Sep 26, 04:06pm

jp---you can add comments capabilities to tumblr pages. disqus works and it's easy.

• Img_0654-2.thumb
    MaryAnne Kolton
    Sep 26, 05:36pm

Joani, had to switch to Google Chrome recently as
    IE9 was playfully all of a sudden not letting me access some sites, fn being one, my bank another. This is a Google Blog site. Basic template, with some customization. I still haven't figured it all out but am very pleased with it an it was easy to set up. Vulgar, nasty disgusting picture coming soon! Glad you like it.

• Night_chorus_book_cover.thumb
    Joani Reese
    Sep 26, 06:35pm

Mary Anne: Don't you dare!

Stephen, I don't even know what disqus is : (

Oh, and as an English professor, I apologize for my earlier you're instead of your--I am chagrined and clearly must learn to follow my own advice to students: Always check your document before pressing send...

Off to scourge myself.

• Jalousie.thumb
    stephen hastings-king
    Sep 26, 06:55pm

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Disqus

it's easier this way because once you sign up for an account, if you do, you get directed to your dashboard. i can't figure out how to get to a homepage from there. click on the official site link at the bottom. tumblr is pretty easy to manipulate in this respect (if it wasn't i likely wouldn't be able to do more than mess things up)

btw--to my embarrassment---i forgot to actually write down that i like the blog & it's layout so far. i'll be interested to see how it comes further to life.

• Img_0654-2.thumb
    MaryAnne Kolton
    Sep 27, 05:43pm

Joani, perhaps you could create a new blog called Flogging JP. . . I see a lot of hits (sorry about that) coming your way!

• Mosaic_man_marcus.thumb
    Marcus Speh
    Sep 27, 08:03pm

wonderful! delighted to add you to <a href="http://marcusspeh.com">my blogroll</a>.

• You must log in to reply to this thread.