Forum / POISON PILL @ Every Day Fiction

• Linda.thumb
    Linda Simoni-Wastila
    Aug 25, 01:43am

A short story, a bit of an experiment for me and written while strying to find the softer, ympathetic side of a novel's antagonist, up at Every Day Fiction.

http://www.everydayfiction.com/poison-pill-by-linda-simoni-wastila/

Peace...

• Img_0654-2.thumb
    MaryAnne Kolton
    Aug 25, 02:14am

Linda, I loved this piece. So Un-Linda but written with such depth, intelligence and power. More than fave.

• Kreuzberg,%20germany%201992.thumb
    Robert Vaughan
    Aug 25, 02:23am

Great piece, Linda. I voted five stars at EDF. Congratulations!

• Author_photo.thumb
    James Lloyd Davis
    Aug 25, 02:29am

What MaryAnne said works for me ... the part about depth, intelligence and power.

• Linda.thumb
    Linda Simoni-Wastila
    Aug 25, 10:36pm

Hey all, thanks so much for the reads, the EDF stars, and mostly the kind words. This story started as a very rough DZANC fundraising shortie, then languished for a couple of years. I was happy to find it a home. Peace...

• Photo_on_1-21-15_at_3.05_pm.thumb
    Kathy Fish
    Aug 25, 10:57pm

Yay, I'll read it after dinner, Linda. Congrats on the pub!

• Author_photo.thumb
    James Lloyd Davis
    Aug 25, 11:28pm

Linda, after reading your story,, I went back later, looked at other stories by other writers and read the accompanying comments.

That's a mean crowd over there, but they seem to have liked what you wrote. Some of the comments on stories by other people were the kind that draw blood. You took a chance, so now you know how good you really are. 'Course, we already knew that.

• Night_chorus_book_cover.thumb
    Joani Reese
    Aug 26, 03:04am

A little tough to read the opening with your name in black bold letters covering it, but once I got past the odd format, I loved the story, Linda. Nice work. I also tried to give it 5 stars there, but it only gave me 3.6. Those folks need a better web set-up!

• Linda.thumb
    Linda Simoni-Wastila
    Aug 26, 01:30pm

James, yes, the comments at EDF can be a little... vicious. Every now and then, though, a golden kernal to think about. Thank you also for your vote of confidence in my writing -- that is worth more than the $5 I earned with this story. (Yes, EDF is a paying market).

Joani, thank you so much for reading and commenting! Apparently EDF's site collapsed a few days ago -- the page is usually much smoother, cleaner. Hopefully they will get their server back to snuff. Peace...

• Frankenstein-painting_brenda-kato.thumb
    Sam Rasnake
    Aug 26, 01:40pm

Nice story, Linda. Fresh. I like.

• You must log in to reply to this thread.