Forum / I can't find the Send Us Your News thread

• 147.thumb
    kate hill cantrill
    Jul 01, 04:01pm

I am proving to be not very good at navigating Fictionaut-- sorry! I just wanted to say I have a story published today at Everyday Genius! (the mag is renamed for this month to Evingy Kissin (?))

http://www.everyday-genius.com/

Sorry to start a new thread! This story means a lot to me (about cats and divorce! What could ack me more? Maybe if I threw in a Willy Nelson song...)

Anyway, I'll erase this if I should be posting elsewhere and you can direct me. Thanks!! Kate

• Dscf4986.thumb
    Andrew Stancek
    Jul 01, 06:25pm

Love the story, Kate. Heart-breakingly real.

• 147.thumb
    kate hill cantrill
    Jul 01, 07:13pm

Thank you, Andrew!!

• Photo_on_1-21-15_at_3.05_pm.thumb
    Kathy Fish
    Jul 01, 07:38pm

That's an excellent story, Kate. I love your writing and Everyday Genius is so smart for publishing you.

• 147.thumb
    kate hill cantrill
    Jul 01, 07:53pm

Thanks, Kathy!! I'll have two more coming out on EG soon. Not sure if it's this week or over the month.

• Photo_on_1-21-15_at_3.05_pm.thumb
    Kathy Fish
    Jul 01, 07:56pm

Oh great!

• Frankenstein-painting_brenda-kato.thumb
    Sam Rasnake
    Jul 01, 08:38pm

Enjoyed the story, Kate. Great form. I look forward to reading the others.

• 147.thumb
    kate hill cantrill
    Jul 01, 08:41pm

Thanks, Sam!

• Kreuzberg,%20germany%201992.thumb
    Robert Vaughan
    Jul 01, 09:11pm

A wonderful story, Kate, and a great fit for EG. I am excited to read your upcoming stories as well. Congrats!

• 147.thumb
    kate hill cantrill
    Jul 01, 09:30pm

Thanks, Robert!!

• Img_0654-2.thumb
    MaryAnne Kolton
    Jul 01, 11:42pm

Kate, you've come to the exact right place to post your wonderful news. Loved the story.

• Richter.thumb
    M.H.
    Jul 02, 01:01am

Congrats Kate - Send your link to me & I'll include it in August's Front Page!

• Img_1235.thumb
    Adam Robinson
    Jul 02, 03:26am

Breaking up is hard to do.

• Img_1235.thumb
    Adam Robinson
    Jul 02, 03:35am

Also, great story. I don't think EG publishes many stories that long, but this one fit because every detail was pitch perfect. Like the wedding, and not feeding the people for the entire weekend, that's so good, and so well predicted by the other elements, like the wide belt of the TSA and the dimensions of the cat carrier. Those details carry it across the Internet into storydom.

• Kc%202.thumb
    Kathy Conde
    Jul 02, 04:18am

That is such a good story, Kate! I love it. The writing is amazing.

• S._tepper--nov--lighter.thumb
    Susan Tepper
    Jul 02, 08:53am

Terrific story, Kate!

• Img_0568.thumb
    Gill Hoffs
    Jul 02, 09:33pm

What a story - congratulations on its well deserved publication! That caterer... what a pillock. Glad you used such a strong, realistic ending rather than a smooshy one. Bravo!

• Img_0654-2.thumb
    MaryAnne Kolton
    Jul 02, 09:56pm

Kate, this is a great story! I kept wanting to say "I'll take the cat!"
    Kudos many time over.

• 147.thumb
    kate hill cantrill
    Jul 04, 07:36pm

Thank you, Gill and MaryAnne!!

• Author_photo.thumb
    James Lloyd Davis
    Jul 04, 11:34pm

Wonderful story, Kate. I left a note there, but wanted to say the story reminded me of the best of William Saroyan ... not same as, but on a par with, easily.

• 147.thumb
    kate hill cantrill
    Jul 05, 02:41am

Thanks, James!!!

• 147.thumb
    kate hill cantrill
    Jul 06, 10:06am

Ack Ack Ack! I didn't thank many people here because there must have been some glitch and I'm only now seeing comments from Marcelle, Susan, Adam, Kathy! And it is VERY possible that the glitch was within my own brain. Thanks for the reads and thoughts!

• 147.thumb
    kate hill cantrill
    Jul 08, 10:28pm

Not to be annoying, but my second of three stories is now up at Everyday Genius. http://www.everyday-genius.com/

It's VERY different from the last story. All three stories that will be published in EG this month are from wildly different times in my life. Sort of interesting to follow the changes of your work over the years! I'm sure you've all discovered that already!

• You must log in to reply to this thread.