Discussion → Introduce yourself

• Photo.thumb
    Erica Hoskins Mullenix
    Sep 03, 04:54pm

as a tweet: 140 characters or less, on the honor system. If you have to count, you know it's too long.

• Yankee.thumb
    Carson Baker
    Sep 05, 11:22am

i'm from houston, but not really a formal writer -- unless writing code counts? /tweet

• Dan_s_headshot.thumb
    Dan Moreau
    Sep 07, 11:38am

Graduated from MA program in creative writing at UT-Austin. Spent two sweltering years there.

• Photo.thumb
    Erica Hoskins Mullenix
    Sep 07, 09:50pm

Welcome! Writing code does count. And Austin does swelter. I think it's hotter than Houston.

• Picture_8.thumb
    Febe Moss
    Sep 08, 01:47pm

I am a 29 year old writer. I grew up in Ft. Worth and then moved to Denton to attend UNT. Got my degree in English with a concentration in creative writing. I write mostly short stories/flash fiction/poetry. Trying to figure out what to do with my life as I work on my writing.

• Picture_8.thumb
    Febe Moss
    Sep 08, 01:49pm

oops! Sorry. Saw the 140 limit after I posted.

• 193.thumb
    Jeanna Goodrich
    Sep 08, 08:36pm

I'm in Boerne and right now, it's the perfect temperature :)

• Photo.thumb
    Erica Hoskins Mullenix
    Oct 03, 05:49pm

Febe, welcome! And I do the same "act first, read second" thing all the time. No worries.

Jeanna, here I am a month later responding to both you and Febe. I need some kind of email notification up in here! Welcome.

Anyone can start a discussion thread!

• Authorphoto1.thumb
    Brendan McNally
    Oct 31, 08:26am

Hi, Greetings from Dallas! I write fiction and do journalism on the side. Glad to be aboard.

• Portrait2.thumb
    David Eric Tomlinson
    Nov 03, 05:52pm

David Tomlinson from Dallas. Marketer by day, intrepid wordsmith by night. Nice to meet you all.

• Photo-7.thumb
    Aaron Teel
    Dec 05, 05:43pm

I live and teach high school English in Austin, TX. I went to college in Denton, at the University of North Texas, grew up in a trailer park in Coppell.

• Image.bedroom.009.expose.thumb
    Ann Bogle
    Mar 13, 06:13am

I got a score of 100 on the Facebook test: How Texan Are You? yet I only lived there (in Houston) for 6.3 years from 1990-96 & visits from 1997-98.

• Orange.thumb
    Jack Ales-Oruam
    Feb 14, 11:46pm

H-town, born & raised.I like otters & the cold.Should've picked another state.Oh, and did I mention that I write?
    www.madfibbin.wordpress.com

• Tumblr_m42kefoneg1rw9v72o1_1280.thumb
    David
    Jul 07, 11:21pm

I'm from San 'Tone and miss Texas terribly. Nice to meet everyone, howdy.

• My%20raven.thumb
    Emily Smith-Miller
    Jan 11, 08:21pm

I live in Austin, grew up here, went to NYU for college, moved back home after. ATX is awesome.

• Eugenia_portrait_smile.thumb
    Eugenia Hepworth Petty
    May 22, 08:56pm

I lived in Texas for the first decade of my life. I was born in San Antonio, but also lived in Galveston for a few years.

• Grist_mill.thumb
    James Bryan Cornelius
    Apr 23, 08:13pm

Howdy.

• You must be logged in to reply.