Discussion → Ramshackle concludes publication (or, So Long, and Thanks For All The Flash)

• 0388e1260hbw.thumb
    Mark Reep
    Sep 28, 01:00am

Hi guys,
    As many of you know, I closed Ramshackle Review to submissions following the June issue. I’d hoped my own work and other obligations might allow reopening this month, with an eye to a year-end issue.

Unfortunately, that’s not feasible, and this likely won’t change anytime soon. It’s been a difficult decision, one I’ve put off making, but realistically, it’s time to shut RR down.

When I began Ramshackle in June 2010, one of my goals was to give it at least four issues. I’d hoped to publish many more, if possible. But I’m also happy with and proud of Issues 1-4. They’ll remain available for online viewing.

Many thanks to all who’ve supported and contributed. It’s been an an honor to share your work.

Mark Reep

• Night_chorus_book_cover.thumb
    Joani Reese
    Sep 28, 01:06am

Mark,

Say it ain't so! I'm sorry to see such a supportive venue close down, but I do thank you for making my work a part of it. It's difficult to run an online zine. I'm only a poetry ed., and sometimes the work is overwhelming for me. You're wonderful for giving writers a lovely venue for their work and RR will be missed. Thanks for all you did--you're a gem.

Joani

• You must be logged in to reply.