Discussion → Eggs...

• S._tepper--nov--lighter.thumb
    Susan Tepper
    Jul 31, 07:44pm

I love eggs. Eat 'em every day. Sometimes more than just for breakfast. Eggs are simple. I don't eat them with ketchup. But I like the concept: ketchup and eggs. Keeps us real, somehow.

• Estelle_bruno.thumb
    Estelle Bruno
    Jul 31, 09:27pm

wish those chickens would stop with all those eggs.

Susan Tepper
    Jul 31, 11:16pm

Well, Ms. E, I think that could be a problem re the natural order of things. If chickens didn't lay eggs, and make good fryers, they'd just spend their lives pecking the ground. Not much fun for anybody. Especially the person who has to clean up after them. But, of course, this is a democratic platform and so all opinions on eggs, ketchup, and life in general are welcome.

• Facebook.thumb
    John Riley
    Aug 01, 12:56am

Scramble 'em hard and butter the toast. Coffee in a thick white mug with two packets of sugar and milk, not cream. When you're done eating you have one last refill and wish you'd never stopped smoking.

• Dsc_7543.thumb
    Gloria Garfunkel
    Aug 01, 04:02am

As a child, my brother would only eat anything if it included ketchup. This of course meant ketchup and aggs which we, his older sisters, thought disgusting. I spent my childhood on a chicken farm, helped my grandfather collect, grade and pack eggs from thousands of chickens, so I have very fond memories of ketchup and eggs even though I don't eat either of them. They're emblems of a special time in my life.

Susan Tepper
    Aug 01, 02:39pm

John and Gloria, love your thoughts and memories of chickens, eggs, ketchup, life...keep 'em coming...

• Fictionaut%20possibility.thumb
    Bobbi Lurie
    Aug 02, 06:22am

I love eggs. Hard boiled. Scrambled. Scrambled with onions. And yes: ketchup. Ketchup IS good with scrambled eggs, especially scrambled eggs with onions. But-no need to be formal-eggs might be considered a luxury. Have you ever had a ketchup and onion sandwich? I mean it: nothing can be better than this. That. And a Coke. But a REAL Coke, a Mexican Coke with real live sugar. What next? Glazed donuts. Yes. Donuts. Nothing better than a glazed donut with some scrambled eggs and a ketchup and onion sandwich. I can't eat chicken. Can't. Can't. On Thanksgiving I make spaghetti with red sauce. Nothing but red sauce and a photo of a turkey in the middle of the table. Then I say, "Okay, kids: tell me what you're thankful for." Silence. Silence. "Aren't you thankful that the turkey whose photo sits in the middle of the table is still alive? Yes. Here. Have a donut. And I promise you: I shall have a Twinkie--yes. I will. I shall have another Twinkie before Mayor Bloomberg takes that away from me...but please stop GMO...such a contradiction. I could live on Twinkies but I'm vehemently against Monsanto's taking over the fields. I remember a show at The New Museum in NY-they were proving murder caused by someone eating Twinkies. But I'm telling you: health food fanatics drive me nuts. I go to my bookshelves and wonder, "What the hell was I thinking?" A degree in Ayurvedic Medicine? Are you kidding me? I never gave up coffee. Not once. Or other things. I have no idea what I was thinking. Pull out a cigarette, John. Light up. Nothing better than a cigarette after the above.

Susan Tepper
    Aug 02, 04:51pm

Bobbi, this is definitely the right group for having a Twinkie after your ketchup and eggs. We aim for reality here, on every level. The work coming in here is beautiful!
    Keep 'em coming...

• Fictionaut%20possibility.thumb
    Bobbi Lurie
    Aug 03, 06:48pm

Susan, this is the absolute truth: I am going now to fry some onions & shallots in butter & make wonderful scrambled eggs and I'm going to be dipping them in ketchup. I love this group. Thank you.

• You must be logged in to reply.