Discussion → Upate to Ruled

• 2734896685_cccc347f0a_b.thumb
    Kevin Myrick
    Apr 09, 04:07pm

Hey Everyone,

Some questions have been popping up about the challenge, and I felt the need to go ahead and address them so we can be well organized for Flag Day and can pull it off without any major problems.

1) Protest stories are allowed.

2) Only one submission per author, please. If you don't like the story you submitted and wish to submit another, take the previous story down before 11:59 p.m. June 14 local time. Remember, all stories must be original.

3) The story with the highest number of faves at the end of the challenge "wins." After all, there are no real winners and losers to these challenges, just excellent reading.

And finally...

4) Be creative. I say "patriotic" and I don't necessarily mean it has to be about soldiers fighting in wars or veterans having bad memories. It can be about the flag hanging in the neighbors yard and how it reminded you of this girl in an American flag bikini, or about some other countries flag and people.

As moderator, I don't feel like I'm here to try and box you into writing about one specific thing.

Best wishes, and get to writing!
    -Kevin

• S._tepper--nov--lighter.thumb
    Susan Tepper
    Apr 13, 02:19pm

Kev, I so look forward to this new challenge you've created! We had so much fun with April Fool's challenge and this will be equally wonderful
    Cheers!

• Darryl_falling_water.thumb
    Darryl Price
    Apr 14, 03:22pm

Freedom is everything. The very word tells the story of survival, of invention, of all motion, of tides and moons.It is the sole reason to live at all.Men and women and children have been fighting over its definition since time began and from what I've seen they are every one of them wrong and right. It's that big. Still I have to believe that when it starts telling the other guy what to do or how to think it's becoming a cage--the very opposite of its true nature.To quote Bob Dylan:"Patriotism is the last refuge to which a scoundrel clings,steal a little and they throw you in jail, steal a lot and they make you a king."

• Dsc_0162.thumb
    Michelle Elvy
    Apr 21, 01:58am

This is a great idea - can it be either fiction or non-fiction? Thanks! -Michelle

• You must be logged in to reply.