Forum / Bill Yarrow Has Been SCAMMED

• S._tepper--nov--lighter.thumb
    Susan Tepper
    Apr 12, 03:22pm

THIS CAME OVER MY EMAIL TODAY. AN OBVIOUS SCAM. DISREGARD IF YOU GET IT TOO.

----- Original Message -----
    Sent: Tuesday, April 12, 2011 11:09 AM
    Subject: Trouble

> Hope you get this on time, sorry I didn't inform you about my trip to Spain, I'm presently in Valencia and am having some difficulties here because i lost my wallet to some robbers on my way to the hotel where my money and other valuable things were kept. presently i have limited access to internet, I will like you to assist me with a loan of 2,500 dollars to sort out my hotel bill.
    >
    > The embassy officer here is not responding to the issue effectively, and its going to take some time to get it all sorted. I will appreciate whatever you can afford to assist me with, will Refund the money back to you as soon as I am back, let me know if you can be of any help.
    > reach me on phone +34962463145 or via email. Please let me know immediately
    > Regards
    > Bill Yarrow
    >
    >
    >

Susan Tepper
    Apr 12, 03:33pm

I phoned Bill Yarrow and left a voice message to inform him.

• Mosaic_man_marcus.thumb
    Marcus Speh
    Apr 12, 03:39pm

i got this too, slightly different but asking me for a 2,500 dollar loan...cheeky bastards.

Susan Tepper
    Apr 12, 03:42pm

Uh-oh. Sounds like someone has infiltrated Fictionaut addresses. This is bad.

• 0388e1260hbw.thumb
    Mark Reep
    Apr 12, 03:43pm

Got it too. Looks like someone got into his gmail.

Susan Tepper
    Apr 12, 03:44pm

Yes. But they got into our mail too!

• Kreuzberg,%20germany%201992.thumb
    Robert Vaughan
    Apr 12, 03:45pm

I also got it, probably his g-mail address. Poor Bill, and this is not the first time a friend has had this happen, and sent some Euro address.

Susan Tepper
    Apr 12, 03:56pm

I'm worried. I hope Bill Yarrow sees this soon! I did leave him a phone message and a fictionaut message. I won't email to that address, it might go to the hackers.

• Author_photo.thumb
    James Lloyd Davis
    Apr 12, 03:56pm

Got the same thing. It's depressing when these things get so specific and personal, but these are interesting times.

Perhaps Fn should send out an email to the membership list alerting them. Has anyone notified Jurgen? He should be called if anyone can do that.

Susan Tepper
    Apr 12, 03:58pm

I wrote Jurgen and told him.

Susan Tepper
    Apr 12, 03:59pm

Jim, A note to the F'naut general membership is a good idea. Because someone might believe it and actually send money.

• Author_photo.thumb
    James Lloyd Davis
    Apr 12, 04:10pm

I just googled the phone number. Apparently Fn is not the only web site to be hacked with this scam.

http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?topic=409467&forum=6&16&start=0#15

• Author_photo.thumb
    James Lloyd Davis
    Apr 12, 04:12pm

More or less the same scam ... different name/message, but the same respnse number.

Susan Tepper
    Apr 12, 04:19pm

I'm getting a headache. I don't like this stuff one iota. These psychopaths should be captured and...

• With_ted_3.thumb
    Bill Yarrow
    Apr 12, 04:25pm

My apologies! Thank you all for being concerned. Working on getting it fixed.

Bill

Susan Tepper
    Apr 12, 04:43pm

Glad I was able to finally reach you, Bill. I hope it gets FIXED quickly, for everyone's sake.

• Photo_on_2012-05-10_at_10.25.thumb
    Susan Gibb
    Apr 12, 04:53pm

I didn't get the email--probably since they know I don't have the money, or am the type of bitch who'd let a friend muddle through on his own in some foreign country.

• Canada_usa_2011_002.thumb
    Christopher Allen
    Apr 12, 04:59pm

So many of my friend and acquaintances have been stuck in Spain recently. Valencia must be really easy to get stuck in. I wonder how much these cons make.

• Canada_usa_2011_002.thumb
    Christopher Allen
    Apr 12, 05:01pm

And, yes, I got it too. But I've received so many of these. You'd think they'd vary the story a bit. They need to hire a writer. Hmmm.

• Author_photo.thumb
    James Lloyd Davis
    Apr 12, 05:50pm

Someone should be sent to Spain immediately and take care of those ...

Say!

If Fn decides to send a black ops team to Valencia ... let me be the first to volunteer.

• Kreuzberg,%20germany%201992.thumb
    Robert Vaughan
    Apr 12, 06:02pm

I'm in too James. Let's catch these fuckers. Just so awful.

• Author_photo.thumb
    James Lloyd Davis
    Apr 13, 11:01am

Oh, it's not that I want to catch anyone, though it'd be nice to dress up in cammies, kick down a door, shout, "Step away from the keyboard!" Always wanted to do something like that, but ... no, no, it's just that ... I've never been to Spain.

But I've been to Oklahoma.

• Dscf0571.thumb
    David Ackley
    Apr 13, 01:59pm

A scathing poem is the best revenge.

• Nv_kid.thumb
    Ramon Collins
    Apr 13, 08:12pm

Hey, I just sent the Hotel Oro del Scamm the 2,500 dollars -- Wild Bill Yarrow is free at last!

• You must log in to reply to this thread.