Forum / Changing account info and url?

• 3868276351_65acd9e684.thumb
    Brianne Fidgety
    Feb 12, 11:50pm

Greetings, Fictionaut. I feel terrible for neglecting you. It's not that I don't like you -- indeed, I'm practically rabid with joy over the very idea of your existence -- but there's a very good reason why I haven't been utilizing your services. As it turns out, I've more or less acquired a stalker, which has forced me to create new email addresses, Facebook accounts, and myriad usernames in order to keep this guy off my back; all of these have been locked down to the fullest extent. I'm not happy about this, but I've gone beyond being angry and am now simply acting in an intelligent manner about the whole ordeal. The less he can find me, the sooner all of this can be over.

He knows of my Fictionaut account, but here's the thing: I DON'T want to give it up completely. This place not only helped me connect with other writers, but firmly put into my head that I'm pretty good at all this writing business -- something which, frankly, I had a hard time believing until I came to this site. The citizens of Fictionaut are awesome, supportive, talented, and relentless. In short, I don't want this person to take such a needed an enriching experience away from me when he's already robbed me of so much sanity and well-being.

I know it's probably impossible, but I'm asking if I could possibly create a new account and close this one, or simply change the url and information on this account. I don't doubt that the person in question will find me eventually -- it's inevitable in these types of situations -- but I like the idea of being at least slightly harder to find.

Thank you for your time,
    Brianne

• Night_chorus_book_cover.thumb
    Joani Reese
    Feb 13, 01:26am

Brianne: Sounds like you should send a private note to Jurgen.

• 3868276351_65acd9e684.thumb
    Brianne Fidgety
    Feb 13, 03:36am

Thanks for the suggestion, JP. Message sent.

• You must log in to reply to this thread.