Forum / Big Brother

• Sly V. Rourke
    Feb 09, 07:34pm

I posted a "story" yesterday called "Open Wide Fictionauters!" designed to inflame or maybe just stir up some conversation about the importance of writing. The story was removed by the mods without even as much as a note to me explaining so. Further, the story wasn't just made private. It was completely removed. Thus, my work product is now gone, as I had not saved it elsewhere. Does anyone else find that somewhat troubling? It was a somewhat tongue in cheek piece and I expected some outrage or maybe just a few reads without comment. I did not expect this.

• S._tepper--nov--lighter.thumb
    Susan Tepper
    Feb 09, 08:51pm

Sly, here you are sitting here all by yourself hung out to dry on the Forum.
    I know that feeling.
    Madame Tishka has been hung out to dry since yesterday!

• Night_chorus_book_cover.thumb
    Joani Reese
    Feb 09, 09:06pm

First lesson: Save everything you write, and yes, it seems over done. You should have been informed and given a chance to remove it yourself if it wasn't deemed appropriate. If we can post work about personified penises and blatantly sexual scenes with impunity, your story must have been extraordinarily vivid if it was snagged and removed that quickly.

• Nuclearman2_1_.thumb
    Christian Bell
    Feb 09, 09:33pm

Hey, Er--Sly, check out this from the Fictionaut Terms & Conditions page:

Our Right to Remove Content

At any time we may delete content that is flagrantly offensive, infringes the rights of any third party, threatens the safety of another person, or is otherwise unlawful. We will not be required to give you any reason for removing stories, comments, photos, or other material.

Not saying it's right or not, just pointing it out.

• Linda.thumb
    Linda Simoni-Wastila
    Feb 10, 12:20am

Well dang... curious minds... though I could use a reprieve from drama in general. Peace...

• Sly V. Rourke
    Feb 10, 12:31pm

Hmm, CB, I suppose it did threaten the safety of another person! And it was unlawfully bad, so I guess it was the right call.

All good, everyone, at least I wrote "something."

• Nuclearman2_1_.thumb
    Christian Bell
    Feb 10, 06:15pm

OT--just how many aliases do you have, SVR? ;)

• Author_wide.thumb
    Jürgen Fauth
    Feb 10, 08:29pm

Hi, "Sly." I removed your story after I got an email about it from a concerned Fictionauter. I deemed it inappropriate and deleted it. I apologize for not writing to you to explain why. But it's telling you put "story" in quotes -- clearly, this wasn't fiction. If you'd like to "inflame or maybe just stir up some conversation", you're welcome to do it in the forums. The main page is for fiction, poetry, novel excerpts, and creative non-fiction. If you like, I can dig the text out of the database and send it to you.

• You must log in to reply to this thread.