Forum / Satellite Report from AWP

• S._tepper--nov--lighter.thumb
    Susan Tepper
    Feb 04, 10:15pm

I've just spoken with Gary Percesepe, who is hanging with Jurgen. Gary said it's a packed AWP despite weather problems for much of the US--
    Intrepid, those writers...
    I almost got there but no trains the first day, and then the flu..
    If you have to be sick, it's better to be sick at home.

• S._tepper--nov--lighter.thumb
    Susan Tepper
    Feb 04, 11:37pm

Also heard from Bill Lantry who is doing AWP "guerilla style"..
    not sure what that means, but wishing Bill Lantry some great guerilla-ing.
    He'll be reading tomorrow at Poets House in NYC!

• Linda.thumb
    Linda Simoni-Wastila
    Feb 05, 01:13am

Susan, I walked by Table F17 several times, my copy of you and Gary's novel clutched in my hand hoping you had shown up, but alas... I did see Gary once across a crowded room, but... he's doing his reading now, and I'm back home. I'll be filing my own newbie report soon.

I hope you feel better soon. You were missed! Peace...

• Fictionaut.thumb
    W.F. Lantry
    Feb 05, 01:58pm

Caught up with Jurgen had his panel, and got to thank him publicly for creating this place. He did great stuff at that panel, by the way. Fictionaut is widely respected, hot and cool at once! ;)

Ran into Gary at the BLIP reading, which was very nice. Sara Lippmann read from BLIP, and was well received. Jen Michalski read from the Potomac Review, she's really quite good. A pleasant evening all around!

"Guerilla Style" means you're so broke you go to all the sessions completely unregistered. It's fun, but it means two things: you don't get a name tag, so people aren't staring at your chest all the time. And you can't get into the bookfair, so no schmoozing allowed. ;) But Kate and I snuck into everything we could. The best part was a reading by Coover, who did three new stories. I just love that man! Is that so wrong? ;)

Thanks,

Bill

• Image.bedroom.009.expose.thumb
    Ann Bogle
    Feb 05, 02:22pm

Bill, you make me wish I could be there. Coover was in Montreal at SLS last summer. We were sad that he didn't share new work -- lucky you to hear it -- but intrigued by his presentation on the multimedia lab at Brown. Exciting the Fictionaut presence at the market. Sara, Gary, Linda, Jurgen, Kate, Jen! Best wishes for your reading. Thanks for writing.

• Fictionaut.thumb
    W.F. Lantry
    Feb 05, 02:39pm

Secret squirrel spy cam pics here:

http://wflantry.com/?page_id=273

Thanks,

Bill

• New_author_photo.thumb
    Phoebe Wilcox
    Feb 08, 12:43am

I couldn't go either for a number of reasons, sick being one, but probably would have been a guerilla too, piggy-back riding my dad. Maybe next year--if it's not somewhere requiring airfare.

• You must log in to reply to this thread.