Forum / NYC. Tomorrow. Be there, or be square.

• Fictionaut.thumb
    W.F. Lantry
    Feb 04, 01:05pm

Hey, folks,

Someone asked for a reminder, and here it is. I'm reading at the Poet's House in NYC tomorrow. I'm sure we can find some seedy bar afterwards... ;)

http://www.israelfm.org/en/culture/cultural-events/details/780-voices-israel--poetry-reading

Thanks,

Bill

• Image.bedroom.009.expose.thumb
    Ann Bogle
    Feb 04, 01:37pm

I would definitely be there if I were in the city. All best wishes for a good reading and get together.

• S._tepper--nov--lighter.thumb
    Susan Tepper
    Feb 04, 03:31pm

Bill what a very cool place to read! So excited for you!

• Night_chorus_book_cover.thumb
    Joani Reese
    Feb 04, 04:21pm

Break a leg, Bill. Wish I could be in the audience. Enjoy yourself.

• Gloriamindock200x274.thumb
    Gloria Mindock
    Feb 05, 06:02pm

Bill, if you see Lee Bricetti, tell her hi from me. She directs Poets House. I know her from way back in the Iowa City days.
    Have a great reading!

Susan Tepper
    Feb 06, 01:49pm

Bill how I wish I could be there! Still sick with this sinus virus blah blah...

BREAK A LEG BILL!
    I love Poets House. A gorgeous place to read and hang out reading...

Joani Reese
    Feb 06, 04:44pm

So, tell those of us encaved in the hinterlands--how was it, Bill?

• Fictionaut.thumb
    W.F. Lantry
    Feb 06, 07:14pm

It was luscious. Absolutely delightful all around. The drive up was quicker than expected. The Muse was looking out for us, and we found a parking place right in front of the building. The place itself is very cool. I really want to use it at some point for a book launch.

The best thing about these events is that one gets to discover other poets one should have known, but didn't. In this case, I met Adeena Karasick. She's really wonderful, full of life and literary playfulness, joyful. I don't know how I missed her until now, she's got like six books out.

Going on after her was a challenge. But her things about the Qabalah made a good lead in for my metaphysical love poems. At least that's what I told myself! ;) People seemed to receive them well, and we even sold a few copies of the Peace Prize anthology.

Even the reception was very nice. The only problem: Kate had a touch of laryngitis. Usually she does all the talking, and I stand around, looking like an elk who's gotten his antlers tangled in the crystal chandelier! But I must say, people treated us very well. The whole thing was extremely civilized: strawberries and wine and everyone dressed up, sipping our glasses and looking out over the Hudson...

And we got invitations for other readings and other publications out of it, so even in those terms, it was nice. But the best thing was meeting the other poets, who are in it for the pure love of the art. Everywhere I go, I find these new groups I didn't know existed. It's actually very exciting...

Thanks,

Bill

• 2161777446_a91102ea45.thumb
    Matt Dennison
    Feb 06, 08:00pm

You're welcome,

All

;-)

Susan Tepper
    Feb 06, 10:06pm

Bill thanks for the Poets House update, it sounded wonderful! I'm sure you did a fabulous reading, esp if you got other invites, that's a sure sign. Can't wait to meet you & Kate, sorry it wasn't at awp this year but soon..

Joani Reese
    Feb 07, 12:05am

What fun! I'm so happy you had that opportunity--Your work deserves a larger audience, Bill. Good for you.

• Image.bedroom.009.expose.thumb
    Ann Bogle
    Feb 07, 03:59am

Oh, Bill, you must have had a great time in that great location. Adeena is as spirited as you say. I saw her perform at the Bowery. At the end of her reading she played a video, "I'm in Love with Osama Bin Laden" -- that's the gist if not the exact title -- it's available on youtube. People were perishing of laughter as much as some were squirming. It's a song.

Glad to hear it went well. Love your metaphor of the elk with antlers in the chandelier.

• Tux.thumb
    Gary Percesepe
    Feb 07, 04:06am

good work, bill---

• You must log in to reply to this thread.