Forum / Can you edit a piece already subbed via Submishmah?

• 2161777446_a91102ea45.thumb
    Matt Dennison
    Dec 18, 07:02am

I noticed you can open the file of your submission.

I opened one and made a minor change.

Anyone know if that change "stuck"?

• Mosaic_man_marcus.thumb
    Marcus Speh
    Dec 18, 10:23am

i don't think so. contact the folks at submishmash though (lower right corner there is a button i think) - they're very good when it comes to responding...

• Linda.thumb
    Linda Simoni-Wastila
    Dec 18, 12:46pm

if it's pdf no, the change shouldn't stick. that's why there's that 'withdraw' button. (yes, withdraw your piece then resubmit it, further extending your lovely time in limbo).

yes, the submishmash folks are 'very good when it comes to responding'. ahem. wish others were. waiting... waiting... peace...

• Night_chorus_book_cover.thumb
    Joani Reese
    Dec 18, 03:27pm

Speaking of the agony of waiting, when Eclectic Flash reopens for submissions in January, they have an interesting acceptance policy. If you send them work before a Sunday, they respond by that Sunday (or at the latest Monday) on the site. At least you don't have to wait weeks to discover your children have been rejected, and you can submit another piece the next week. It's almost immediate gratification.

Matt Dennison
    Dec 18, 04:05pm

"your children have been rejected"

It IS kind of like running an orphanage, isn't it?

("Now, stand straight, children, look them in the eye, smile and say "How do you?" then bow once, quickly but not too deeply. There will be NO GROVELING at MY orphanage. We are a respectable institution and you, my dears, are lovely, lovely, uh... creatures, of some sort, let's say, and leave it at that.

Ok, into the submission manager we go!"

Matt Dennison
    Dec 19, 01:13am

Very good indeed about getting back!

I emailed about if they plan on putting a Date of First Read function in, so when a piece switches to Active you can see when that occurred, in relation to when you subbed the piece.

They said it'd be in mid-January.

And yes, I FORGOT to ask about the editing thing...

• You must log in to reply to this thread.