Forum / come out to play for one thousand shipwrecked penguins!

• Mosaic_man_marcus.thumb
    Marcus Speh
    Dec 12, 12:12pm

my new project "one thousand shipwrecked penguins" (#1kflash) is taking off - 1000 flash pieces, 1 per week, over a period of nearly 20 years (i'll be close to my pension when this is over; some of us will be grandparents). the entire site will then (in 2030) be auctioned for 1,000,000,000 $ to ease the life of penguins everywhere.

i'm in constant contact with the leader of the penguins who, it turns out, is an avid fictionaut reader and KNOWS ALL OF YOU!

#1kflash's first post, "Electric Eyes" is now live at http://speh.tumblr.com and can also be viewed at fictionaut.

what about you? now, the penguins love art. so if you have a photo or your're an artist capable of digitizing your stuff, submit a photo which i will then group with fresh flash made in germany. my words, your bullet-proof tuxedo.

of course, you have to have 100% copyright on your photo, you'll keep it and your credit/weblink will appear with your art.

come out to play or pass the information on. will see how this goes.

• Frankenstein-painting_brenda-kato.thumb
    Sam Rasnake
    Dec 12, 02:09pm

Amazing.

• Franz_liszt_1839.thumb
    J. Mykell Collinz
    Dec 12, 05:55pm

Marcus, you posted here on 12/12/10 at 12:12pm. In 2012, this instant will be celebrated by penguins everywhere. Good luck with your new project. I look forward to reading.

• Author_photo.thumb
    James Lloyd Davis
    Dec 12, 06:04pm

Penquins?

• Night_chorus_book_cover.thumb
    Joani Reese
    Dec 12, 08:00pm

Perhaps you'd consider diverting some of that massive windfall to The Institute for Penguin Mobility, specifically the artificial wing-nuts unit, those dedicated tinkerers who have been toiling diligently lo these past thirty years to make it possible for free Penguins everywhere to strap a pair on and head to South Beach every December 24th for a bit of girl/boy watching and a Rum-Runner or two.

Marcus Speh
    Dec 12, 08:16pm

JMC, thank you. this had escaped my attention but now i'm more than intrigued. this is a sign that the entire venture journeys under a bright star.

Marcus Speh
    Dec 12, 09:12pm

JP, i appreciate your concern. after wikileaks published the documents about the involvement of the institute in the 'voluntary repatriation' of emperor penguins from antarctica, they got some negative headlines, i heard. by 2030, all will be blown over.

• Night_chorus_book_cover.thumb
    Joani Reese
    Dec 13, 01:50am

Wikileaks? Those Bast*&ds! I hope someone trumps up some charges of rape against that guy... MY Penguin Institute friends are utterly blameless. It was Obama.

Marcus Speh
    Dec 13, 10:01pm

story #2 of the cycle of 1000 flash pieces is now up at the site and at fictionaut - with a kind contribution by my writer friend oleuanna - http://www.fictionaut.com/stories/marcus-speh/le-sucre-brun - enjoy.

• You must log in to reply to this thread.