Forum / Setting a Group icon

• Me2.thumb
    Lynn Beighley
    Dec 11, 04:13am

I'm flummoxed. I've tried small pngs, small gifs. Still no success. I get Upload Error: 422 every time I try to upload the group image for the new @geek group.

It's fine number for an error, I guess, but it leaves a little lacking in the explanation department. Any thoughts?

• Mosaic_man_marcus.thumb
    Marcus Speh
    Dec 11, 09:32am

on the other hand: the emptiness of the image would set the group apart and underline the faceless, funfree pit where geeks dwell. perhaps not the thoughts you were hoping for but i can't help it, esp on weekends.

• Photo_on_2012-05-10_at_10.25.thumb
    Susan Gibb
    Dec 11, 02:47pm

Hmmm. It doesn't give a size restriction? It is supposed to accept gifs pngs and jpegs so that's not the problem. I don't know--maybe email Jurgen?

• Night_chorus_book_cover.thumb
    Joani Reese
    Dec 11, 03:21pm

It must be a glitch in the system because I tried numerous times to upload a jpeg yesterday and got the same error message. I even chose another picture, thinking it might be the shot, but got the same message every time. 422 indeed.

• Fictionaut.thumb
    W.F. Lantry
    Dec 11, 05:14pm

Lynn,

Have you tried changing the name? an error search yielded this at another site:

"If your instructs are failing and you see a 422 Unprocessable Entity error in the log, it's likely that you are trying to re-upload an existing file. Ohloh requires that every project upload have a unique name. You cannot re-upload new bits on top of an existing filename."

Of course, that's a different system, so it may be something else entirely... ;)

Thanks,

Bill

• Fictionaut.thumb
    W.F. Lantry
    Dec 11, 05:27pm

Whoops, spoke too soon. Looks like a generic HTTP code:

"422 Unprocessable Entity (WebDAV) (RFC 4918)
    The request was well-formed but was unable to be followed due to semantic errors."

Never mind... ;)

• Me2.thumb
    Lynn Beighley
    Dec 11, 07:59pm

Bill, I'm just relieved to know my request was well-formed!

• You must log in to reply to this thread.