Forum / @geek group

• Me2.thumb
    Lynn Beighley
    Dec 10, 01:45pm

Seemed only appropriate that I start a new group (@geek) as a place to post writing that touches on technology and all things geeky. I look forward to seeing what ends up in this group, because, well, I'm a huge geek.

• Mosaic_man_marcus.thumb
    Marcus Speh
    Dec 10, 02:05pm

i'm in, a huge geek also though these days i spend about as much energy on hiding the fact from my literate friends as on hiding my writing from my geek friends.

• Photo_on_2012-05-10_at_10.25.thumb
    Susan Gibb
    Dec 10, 02:15pm

Lynn, I like your thinking! Check out the Hypertext Group here too.

Marcus Speh
    Dec 10, 02:51pm

i think we should close the group now and make it private, for invitation only. we got four members and we don't want fictionaut to look like a bunch of geeks, do we. future members have to pass an @geek test to be devised by lynn our high priestess. it will involve databases, virtual reality gloves and nuclear fuel driven butt plugs. (oh sorry, that last one was my idea.)

• Me2.thumb
    Lynn Beighley
    Dec 10, 08:01pm

Oh Marcus, it's much too late. The secret is out, geeks are legion. But, if you like, we can still give you the test.

• S._tepper--nov--lighter.thumb
    Susan Tepper
    Dec 10, 09:12pm

according to Marcus definition of a geek, I don't qualify. I'm way too cool to be a geek. I only joined to give you real geeks a taste of the other side (ha ha). but i will tone down my act to fit into Marcus ideal for geeks.

• Me2.thumb
    Lynn Beighley
    Dec 11, 12:56am

Anyone know the secret to uploading an image for a group? I keep trying and getting errors.

• Author_photo.thumb
    James Lloyd Davis
    Dec 11, 03:08am

Lynn, only a geek could tell you how to do something like that. We-who-are-not-geeks can barely stumble about in frustration, pulling hair, screaming epithets, cursing Microsoft. But, like Susan says, we're so damn cool ... somewhat dramatic ... but cool.

In the meantime, start another thread asking that question and someone will answer it.

• Me2.thumb
    Lynn Beighley
    Dec 11, 03:35am

But...but...I AM a geek! It's not me, it's him. Thank, James.

Oh, and to clarify, my intent in creating the group was to collect works about geeky things and how they change us. Not to collect geeks. ;)

• Linda.thumb
    Linda Simoni-Wastila
    Dec 11, 03:40am

I was hoping you would have geek masterclasses and such. Perhaps a workshop. Because I would love to be a geek but have no idea how geeky things work. I just give them to my 11 year old son and he works his magic.

Lynn, wish I could help you with uploading images, but I'm busy trying to get my google toolbar to reappear and banish this silly bing thing that popped up from nowhere. Peace...

Marcus Speh
    Dec 11, 09:34am

you guys crack me up. geek masterclasses! you're too cool for school.

• S._tepper--nov--lighter.thumb
    Susan Tepper
    Dec 11, 08:00pm

we are so cool we ache.

• You must log in to reply to this thread.