Forum / Getting published and ramblings from Down Under

• Myra.thumb
    Myra King
    Sep 13, 07:19pm

Hi everyone, I haven’t posted anything on here for awhile, as I have been going through the daunting process of moving and also, would you believe, facing a flood! Luckily the house, where I live, is slightly uphill in the small township of Clunes (Victoria - Australia) and I did not have to evacuate - lots of the other townsfolk were not so lucky. I also had to deal (long handled shovel) with a four foot Brown Snake (flushed out by the flood waters) in the backyard.

In a few days I say goodbye to my horse, Jasmine, as where I am moving has no acreage. It will be a sad farewell but she is joining up to be a Light Horse, horse, so is going to a noble cause. To keep the Light Horse memory alive. All those horses that did not come back from the war.
    Incidentally I have raised nearly four hundred dollars from royalties from my short story collection, City Paddock, for the Creswick Light Horse Troop, so thanks to everyone who has bought a copy (still available online at Ginninderra press)

About fictionaut and getting published, recently two of my pieces (that have appeared on fictionaut) have been accepted. Red Fox Rampant by Little Episodes (for their anthology) and Life’s Living by Orbis (print magazine) The feedback I received on here gave me the impetus to submit them.

I think fictionaut is a wonderful venue for sharing one’s work and also for realising that writing can be very subjective. So no writer should feel disheartened.
    I very much enjoy reading the stories and poems posted here and I can’t wait until I have the time do it again. After I move of course!

• 2161777446_a91102ea45.thumb
    Matt Dennison
    Sep 13, 07:23pm

And you are...?

(Just kidding! Good to hear from you, Myra!)

• Linda.thumb
    Linda Simoni-Wastila
    Sep 13, 07:27pm

Hi Myra!

Congratulations on all your successes. And sorry you must say goodbye to your horse. After reading your marvelous CITY PADDOCK I understand your love of horses.

And I must shamelessly promote your book -- I JUST finished reading the final story tonight while sitting outside for a few minutes of quietude. Gorgeous. Your versatility amazes me.

So folks, if you're looking for a collection of award-winning short stories where each is a veritable petit four, take a look at Myra's latest.

Peace...

• Myra.thumb
    Myra King
    Sep 14, 01:56am

Thanks, Linda, and Matt :-)

• Frankenstein-painting_brenda-kato.thumb
    Sam Rasnake
    Sep 14, 07:17am

Congratulations, Myra. That's great.

• Photo_on_2012-05-10_at_10.25.thumb
    Susan Gibb
    Sep 14, 07:32am

Hearty congratulations, Myra!

• With_ted_3.thumb
    Bill Yarrow
    Sep 14, 11:12am

Nice to hear from you, Myra! Congratulations on your book and recent acceptances. Good luck with your move.

• Author_photo.thumb
    James Lloyd Davis
    Sep 14, 11:30am

Congratulations, Myra. As for the snakes ... do be careful.

• Myra.thumb
    Myra King
    Sep 14, 06:20pm

Thanks, Susan, Sam and Bill. James, don't worry, I have a healthy respect for snakes. The Brown is the second most deadly in the world, so I was extra careful. But the next people to rent this house have children, so I was glad (but a little sad for the snake -they have their place too)to have got rid of it.

• 0804d24.thumb
    Matthew A. Hamilton
    Sep 14, 10:02pm

Congratulations on the publications. Great news!

• Myra.thumb
    Myra King
    Sep 14, 10:58pm

Thanks, Matthew, hope all is going well for you too.

• You must log in to reply to this thread.