Forum / NYC Fictionauts

• Image.bedroom.009.expose.thumb
    Ann Bogle
    Aug 29, 11:16am

Meg Pokrass has started a group for Bay-area Fictionauts to meet and give readings. Is there interest in doing something similar in NYC? I'm suggesting that someone who lives there might form such a group. I plan to be in NYC after Sept. 20 and into October. I aim to attend the Drunken Boat launch on Sept. 22 and perhaps the WHAT MAY HAVE BEEN: Letters of Jackson Pollock & Dori G reading(s) (week of Sept. 27 and) Oct. 17. I'd love to meet other Fictionauts and give a reading if a group of us -- whatever the number -- can pick a place or find a venue. It would be fun to meet up.

• S._tepper--nov--lighter.thumb
    Susan Tepper
    Aug 29, 06:46pm

To reply to Ann's posting:
    there WILL NOT BE a reading week of Sept. 27 for WHAT MAY HAVE BEEN...

• Author_wide.thumb
    Jürgen Fauth
    Sep 02, 12:09pm

Absolutely, Ann! We've been looking at a number of possibilities for a NY event -- a reading? an open mike? just drinks? -- but nothing concrete has materialized yet. Nicolle floated the Bowery Poetry Club as a possible venue.

• Innis_author_photo.thumb
    Julie Innis
    Sep 02, 12:56pm

great idea, Ann - I'm out of town for the month, but back in October and will watch for more details. Not sure about reading, but I'm an active listener.

• 0804d24.thumb
    Matthew A. Hamilton
    Sep 02, 05:38pm

If I end up in NY, I'd love to join. I'll be attending the MFA program at Fairfield University, CT in December, about an hour from NY, I think. Not sure if I'll be making either state my home during my two years of grad school.

• Kriheli.thumb
    Richard Kriheli
    Sep 04, 10:26am

I'm in. I'm new to this Fictionaut thing, but not new to writing :)
    I'm an Upper West Side resident and would love to see events tailored around what this site's about.

Chris Tarry
    Sep 04, 04:35pm

Sounds like a great idea, I'm always down for reading and listening. There's some good places in Brooklyn that would work too. Oh, and Ann, I'll see ya at the Drunken Boat party. I'm reading that night.

• Jerry_city_lights_books_2010.thumb
    Jerry Ratch
    Sep 04, 04:49pm

I'd love to read and meet up too. I'll be in NYC in early December for an art opening for my wife. Would love to read there somewhere. Keep me posted!
    Jerry Ratch

• 7zx9x3hv_400x400.thumb
    Lillian Ann Slugocki
    Sep 09, 06:08pm

I think Brooklyn would be a great location. There's a space on Bergen Street in Cobble Hill called "The Invisible Dog." Converted factory, also really great bookstores.

• Image.bedroom.009.expose.thumb
    Ann Bogle
    Sep 09, 07:00pm

My neighborhood when I'm in NYC is near NYU. I'd definitely attend a Fictionaut event at the Bowery if I were in town for it. As my own plans have shaped up, I'll be in NYC in Oct. rather than Sept. Several people have mentioned Gary Percesepe's and Susan Tepper's and Rick Moody's reading on Oct. 17. Carol Novack's launch (Giraffes in Hiding: The Mythical Memoirs of Carol Novack) (NOT a memoir) will be at Happy Ending on Oct. 22 at 7 p.m.

• Mosaic_man_marcus.thumb
    Marcus Speh
    Sep 13, 01:19pm

can i become an honorable member? i'm already an honorable member of alpha mu gamma, the national collegiate foreign language honor society and this group is likely to have a much shorter name. NYC being what it is, such a small matter as residence (i live in berlin, germany) can hardly be an issue, can it?

• Tux.thumb
    Gary Percesepe
    Sep 13, 01:37pm

susan tepper and i are gonna meet up at 3 pm on sept 28 at john's pizza on bleecker street to sign copies of our books, etc---

was wondering maybe if this would be a time that anyone wants some pizza and some beer and maybe wants to get a copy of the book could show up?

susan, what you think? maybe this is a dumb idea? prob no one could come anyway?

ann and others?

can save postage on the book, nyc folks--just meet us over there?

g

• S._tepper--nov--lighter.thumb
    Susan Tepper
    Sep 13, 02:18pm

Yes, please come to Johns for pizza and maybe a book--

We won't hold it against anyone who just wants the pizza !

• Tux.thumb
    Gary Percesepe
    Sep 15, 07:42pm

ok, so there is is, nyc fictionauts---come have pizza at john's pizza on bleecker street, sept 28, 3 pm

k?

k.

a happening.

• You must log in to reply to this thread.