Forum / Prayers for Vegas and Tom Petty

• Darryl_falling_water.thumb
    Darryl Price
    Oct 03, 09:25pm

As you know I've written and posted many poems about gun sanity, gun safety and the need for a real and informed discussion about gun violence, gun ownership and gun culture and the very real harm it can bring to our planetary society when not monitored with thoughtful sensitivity and compassion toward others. Right now I just want to send out a prayer for those poor souls lost to the horrible, unthinkable Vegas tragedy and their families and friends left behind. Our hearts are broken again for you and for all mankind wounded by senseless violence against innocent people.

Tom Petty was a true living light, and a good man. We were all lucky to be alive at the same time as him. Thanks for the amazing 40 years of your music, Tom.

" Bob Dylan shared a statement with Rolling Stone: “It’s shocking, crushing news,” he said. “I thought the world of Tom. He was a great performer, full of the light, a friend, and I’ll never forget him.”

• Darryl_falling_water.thumb
    Darryl Price
    Oct 03, 11:59pm

And also our first responders and those brave beautiful individuals who stood up and began to immediately look for ways to help others. What remarkable human beings! My Dad was a fireman and I remember him telling me many stories of running into fire to save someone.In this case you have complete strangers helping other complete strangers because it is the right thing to do in their hearts and minds. That's why the haters will never win.

• Erika-byrne-ludwig.thumb
    Erika Byrne-Ludwig
    Oct 04, 04:39am

Deepest sympathy to the families and friends who lost loved ones.

• Mugshotme_(3).thumb
    Mathew Paust
    Oct 04, 02:50pm

Thanks, Darryl. I share your thoughts.

• You must log in to reply to this thread.