Forum / I refuse to exist

• Adcaker_.thumb
    Arturo Ruiz
    Apr 06, 11:04pm

In a community where a member can post disgusting rape fantasies using the first initials of three members on this site he had a run-in with. Instead of taking responsibility for his actions he has decided to lash out with a horrible post.

Until his post and his account is removed, I will not be on this site.

http://fictionaut.com/stories/dave-hemmings/shitstorm

• Image.thumb
    Charlotte Hamrick
    Apr 07, 12:26am

Yeah, it's time for me to duck out again, too. Again.

• Photo.thumb
    Rachna K.
    Apr 07, 12:52am

Arturo,you are right. The post is disgusting and should be removed. Time for a hiatus.

• Pictures-of-life-of-the-new-york-police-department-in-the-1970s-89.thumb
    Dave Hemmings
    Apr 07, 12:02pm

And exactly what "actions" are you referring to, Arturo? I am the one who got bashed/attached/assaulted for expressing my opinions in a civil manner. Also, I do not see how you or anyone can interpret the post as a "rape fantasy." There is no reference to that anywhere in it. If this site is meant to be a "community," then maybe the established members ought not to bash newcomers for their opposing views. I guess I'll continue to get bashed for even expressing this.

Dave Hemmings
    Apr 07, 12:03pm

*attacked

Dave Hemmings
    Apr 07, 12:04pm

No one here needs to take a hiatus on my, or anyone's, account.

Dave Hemmings
    Apr 07, 12:09pm

I didn't -- and couldn't -- force anyone to read it. So don't read my posts if you don't like what I write. Pretty simple.

• Mugshotme_(3).thumb
    Mathew Paust
    Apr 07, 03:19pm

Arturo, it's apparent this site is un-administered, and that once you're in the sky (or the cesspool is your only limit. There's one exception I've seen in the several years I've been here, and that is that threats of violence among members can get one or more of the parties expelled. I suspect this is more of a liability question than one of taste. As to bratty children, same rule applies to them, altho one might wonder how they gained admission at all.

I work in the public library, availing myself of the free Internet access, and suffering only the distractions of self-centered adults and bratty children. We have a Kiddy Korner here with toys and kiddy books to keep the little ones occupied, but often the noise level from that end of the building compels me to don my earphones to help buffer the volume.

I dearly hope you, Charlotte and Rachna will stay, not merely because your absence would empower these child-minded sociopaths to throw even louder and cruder tantrums, but because you are among the very best writers in this community. Your loss would be a travesty.

Dave Hemmings
    Apr 07, 03:30pm

100% their choice. No one is forcing anything.

• Samuel Derrick Rosen
    Apr 07, 08:00pm

Mathew the white knight.

• Samuel Derrick Rosen
    Apr 07, 08:04pm

Dave, we are "child-minded sociopaths" but did we wish for anyone's death like Hardonaway did? Did we deliberately feign offence on one subject so we could attack on the basis of another?

Most of the people on here have shown their true colours, a good few of them are evil and I prefer to think that they are not even aware of it.

• Samuel Derrick Rosen
    Apr 07, 08:08pm

And I don't recall you or I throwing any tantrums so the white knight must be referring to others, most likely it's a case of transference.

Have you ever noticed how lefties are always guilty of the shit they accuse others of?

I think there is something about the Left that attracts the mentally ill by default.

• Mugshotme_(3).thumb
    Mathew Paust
    Apr 07, 10:20pm

I was addressing Arturo, the adult on this thread.

• Img_5429.thumb
    Dianne McKnight-Warren
    Apr 07, 11:50pm

I have been sick (better now) so I don't know what any of this refers to, but who's leaving? Charlotte? Rachna K? No, don't go. I will be so mad if you do....

• Img_5429.thumb
    Dianne McKnight-Warren
    Apr 07, 11:54pm

I maybe shouldn't have said I'd be mad. I'm not having a tantrum. Whatever has happened I'm sure can be ignored.

• Photo%2015.thumb
    Gary Hardaway
    Apr 08, 01:01am

It's true. I do wish SDR a painful and untimely death. I don't recall having said it here at FN before, however. Perhaps a citation would help me remember having been forthright? If true, I claim a great and beneficial insight.

• Samuel Derrick Rosen
    Apr 08, 02:34am

And who is going to condemn Hardonaway's above post? Any takers?????

Rachna K, do you consider the above post disgusting???????? Dianne McKnight Warren? How about you?

• Mugshotme_(3).thumb
    Mathew Paust
    Apr 08, 02:51pm

I might agree with you, Gary, were we talking about a mature adult, a person even minimally conversant with the social contract concept. Alas, this is an infant off its meds. As it is not our charge, the best we can hope to do is ignore it.

• Frankenstein-painting_brenda-kato.thumb
    Sam Rasnake
    Apr 08, 03:26pm

This... whatever this is... has become all too much for me.

• Erika-byrne-ludwig.thumb
    Erika Byrne-Ludwig
    Apr 08, 10:18pm

The humble view of a newcomer:the 3 or 4 who have left or intend to leave this blog, don't, please. We need good writers on FN.

There will always be some unpleasant posts. No matter where we go. Simply don't read anything you consider offensive. Just ignore.

• Image.thumb
    Charlotte Hamrick
    Apr 08, 11:52pm

Sam, that's because you're a reasonable, rational person. In every group there's a victim wannabe, or a know-it-all, or a complete asshole. Stop giving them the attention they crave. Stop reacting, stop trying to have a civil conversation. It's impossible.

Erika, you're right. Thank you for your civility and kind words.
    We'll see how it goes.

• Adcaker_.thumb
    Arturo Ruiz
    Apr 09, 12:14am

Erika & Charlotte -- you are so right.

My mistake was trying to engage in any sort of intellectual discussion with these two even after seeing they were fully incapable of making cogent and well-sourced arguments.

The many talented and respectable writers on here outnumber these ridiculous few.

Onward, with my blinders on.

• Erika-byrne-ludwig.thumb
    Erika Byrne-Ludwig
    Apr 09, 12:47am

Arturo

"Blinders on" ... Good one!

• Samuel Derrick Rosen
    Apr 09, 12:50am

WOW

• Mugshotme_(3).thumb
    Mathew Paust
    Apr 09, 12:50am

Had me worried, Arturo. Thanks for changing your mind!

Dave Hemmings
    Apr 10, 01:59pm

It is obvious that even a shadow of my presence is no longer welcome on this site. That's fine with me, since I have no interest in being part of any exclusive (and combative) clique. It is amazing to me that a person here simply cannot express a personal viewpoint without being ostracized, criticized, antagonized, assaulted, attacked, and bullied -- and then to see that those who do so are championed and supported. I had high hopes for being part of this site, but it now is evident that certain people here are more interested in teaming up on a newcomer who doesn't share the same exact ideas/ideals. I am sure all of you will celebrate my exit and exhale a collective sigh of relief.

• Samuel Derrick Rosen
    Apr 10, 05:37pm

Dave, why let them win? I choose to remain if nothing more than to have an online library of my work. I am sure you and I can continue to have interesting discussions regardless of the cult.

Dave Hemmings
    Apr 10, 05:43pm

There is no way one can defeat a clique such as the one here. I will search for another site that is populated by a truly welcoming community of writers.

• Samuel Derrick Rosen
    Apr 10, 05:46pm

You don't have to defeat them, you only have to ignore them. The problem with fictionaut and the cause for the clique and the bullying hierarchy is that there are no new members, we really need a mass joining of new members but in the meantime I think you should remain and post your work regardless.

Dave Hemmings
    Apr 10, 05:47pm

Thanks, but my posting-presence here is no longer welcome -- which makes doing so infinitely pointless.

Dave Hemmings
    Apr 10, 05:53pm

And since this site is run by a couple of loudmouth, pompous assholes -- one of which is admittedly anti-American -- I want no part of it.

• Samuel Derrick Rosen
    Apr 10, 06:04pm

You could always return sporadically.

Dave Hemmings
    Apr 11, 02:42pm

So fucking surprised that the assholes here haven't responded further. Specifically that they are so fucking glad I am now invisible as fuck.

Dave Hemmings
    Apr 11, 02:43pm

And the assholes know exactly who the fuck they are.

• You must log in to reply to this thread.