Forum / How do I get and get rid of contacts?

• Mugshotme_(3).thumb
    Mathew Paust
    Nov 29, 03:49pm

I don't have any, but recently the troll calling himself "bacon" has affixed his callow phony moniker on the profile of a friend (mine, not his). My friend would like to expunge this troll from her profile, not merely hide it from public view. For the life of me, I cannot find any way to delete an unwanted contact. Any assistance will win my heartiest gratitude.

• Mugshotme_(3).thumb
    Mathew Paust
    Nov 29, 03:57pm

C O R R E C T I O N: I just found that I do have contacts, but I still don't know how becoming a contact comes about or how to "uncontact" someone.

• Mugshotme_(3).thumb
    Mathew Paust
    Nov 29, 04:03pm

Getting there, getting there... At the very bottom of any page, in tiny barely visible print, is a FAQ link, with this among the questions:

"What does it mean to add someone as a contact?

"You can add any member of Fictionaut as a contact by selecting the appropriate button on their story or profile pages. When you add somebody, they will be notified with a message, and if they like, they can also add you as a contact. Fictionaut automatically keeps you updated about activities by your contacts."

Now I must find the "appropriate button". This is getting to be fun!

• Mugshotme_(3).thumb
    Mathew Paust
    Nov 29, 04:08pm

Yay, mystery solved. The "button" is up on the right-hand margin. Key word is "follow" not "contact". However, when you click it, you are notified that you are now a "contact". To "uncontact" you simply click the "unfollow" button.

Lordy, I feel so accomplished!

• Picture_1.thumb
    Barry Friesen
    Nov 29, 06:22pm

At one point I also wondered how to get rid of my contacts. The protocol I found seems less complicated than yours. I just went back to wearing glasses.

• Mugshotme_(3).thumb
    Mathew Paust
    Nov 29, 07:21pm

**chortle**

• You must log in to reply to this thread.