Forum / "President" Trump

• Dscf0571.thumb
    David Ackley
    Nov 10, 02:19pm

Some have called what we just experienced a "presidential election." It could also be defined as a rightist coup facilitated by an antiquated, irrelevant and seriously biased electoral college. You might remember the last president who lacked a majority vote gave us the Iraq War, the mortgage securities bubble and the ensuing crash and depression. This needs to change.

"Don't mourn. Organize !"

• Mugshotme_(3).thumb
    Mathew Paust
    Nov 10, 04:12pm

I dreamed I saw Joe Hill last night...

• Jerry_city_lights_books_2010.thumb
    Jerry Ratch
    Nov 10, 04:31pm

Gentlemen, gentlemen, calm down. Mr. Trump is in the White house right now. This could all end very quickly if Obama can only find that pistol in te top drawer of his desk.

• Angelcity1.thumb
    Chris Okum
    Nov 10, 04:54pm

David is right. You just witnessed a Christian Fascist takeover of the United States. Chris Hedges predicted this in 2006. Read his book. Read all his books. Because this isn't over yet. The worst is yet to come. And if sound like an alarmist that's because now is the time for alarmists. Because the siren is about to go off. Trump and his admin. is going to make Bush and Cheney et al. look like FDR.

• Dscf0571.thumb
    David Ackley
    Nov 10, 05:26pm

As Dickens said, "The best of times, the worst of times." And as I just wrote to my friend John Baskin, sometimes it doesn't hurt to have new paint on the lines of battle. Complacency has been too long with us. There is, you'll have to admit, to the right cast of mind, something gleefully appealing about a big fat bloviating capitalist oinker with "Bigot," painted in red on his chest for a bullseye.

• Mugshotme_(3).thumb
    Mathew Paust
    Nov 10, 07:00pm

I agree fully with the sentiments here, but I suggest we use subtler allusions in our strategizing. I say the next half-jokingly, because I think it likely was incidental, but on Tuesday someone using a CIA computer visited my blog. Most everything on my blog is fiction and book reviews. I don't talk politics or print political opinions. If it was an official visit, I'm guessing that because of the incredible tension on Election Day and the worry about possible poll violence or even terrorist events, anyone in the govt's database as having supported Sanders in the primaries might have been scanned in a reconnaissance sweep. I know it's CIA because I use StatCounter to identify visitors to the blog. In bold red letters the visitor's server revealed Central Intelligence Agency.

If it will open for you, scroll down to Nov. 8 and see for yourself.

https://statcounter.com/p8921337/path/?&start=0&perpage=20

• Jerry_city_lights_books_2010.thumb
    Jerry Ratch
    Nov 10, 07:27pm

Ah, the dramatic possibilities!

• Mugshotme_(3).thumb
    Mathew Paust
    Nov 10, 07:47pm

Yeah. Good thing I'm apolitical. ;)

• Dscf0571.thumb
    David Ackley
    Nov 10, 08:39pm

Maybe they just like your stories or choice of novels. Think kindly of the poor little snoops: they have to make a living too.

• Mugshotme_(3).thumb
    Mathew Paust
    Nov 10, 11:07pm

They're watching you, too, eh, David?

• Samuel Derrick Rosen
    Nov 10, 11:28pm

"David is right. You just witnessed a Christian Fascist takeover of the United States. Chris Hedges predicted this in 2006. Read his book. Read all his books. Because this isn't over yet. The worst is yet to come. And if sound like an alarmist that's because now is the time for alarmists. Because the siren is about to go off. Trump and his admin. is going to make Bush and Cheney et al. look like FDR"

You sound like a conspiracy theorist.

• Samuel Derrick Rosen
    Nov 11, 06:44pm
  • Samuel Derrick Rosen
    Nov 12, 01:55pm
  • Samuel Derrick Rosen
    Nov 12, 04:15pm
  • Dscf0571.thumb
    David Ackley
    Nov 15, 04:14pm

C'est finit.

• You must log in to reply to this thread.