Forum / Jimmy Page On The Exorcist

• Angelcity1.thumb
    Chris Okum
    Nov 04, 07:35pm

"I saw The Exorcist at some rank Piccadilly cinema about a week after it opened. Saw it with the rabble just like everybody else. Sat smack dab in the middle and munched on me Cadbury chocolate squares and sipped from me thermos of Brompton Cocktail. I enjoyed the film immensely, but see, I had been under the impression for the entire run time of the film that it was a documentary. It was only afterwards that I was apprised of the fact that the film was a work of fiction. I was absolutely gobsmacked, I tell you, and no one I knew could understand why. But it made perfect sense to me. I wanted to ask everyone, Haven't you ever spent serious time with a thirteen year old girl? Hasn't anyone else been locked in a hotel room in Philadelphia for a week straight with a teenager off her head on a combination of speed, coke, pot, booze, and Valium? Shacked up with a sweet young girl from Provo who's been reading Crowley in the bathtub for hours on end? Was it just me? Apparently. But I did not see what the big deal was. The head spinning? Seen it, many times. The projectile vomiting? That's just simply something they tend to do when they wake up in the morning. The masturbating with the crucifix? This is what is commonly known as foreplay. Throwing oneself out the window? Who hasn't done that? I don't know. I still don't understand why everyone was so up in arms. What I saw up there was nothing but an unadulterated portrayal of life, at least life as I know it. I will, under duress, however, concede that perhaps my life has been a bit stranger than most. But only under duress."

• Samuel Derrick Rosen
    Nov 04, 08:36pm

Is that really a Page quote?

• Angelcity1.thumb
    Chris Okum
    Nov 04, 08:46pm

No.

• Mugshotme_(3).thumb
    Mathew Paust
    Nov 05, 02:39pm

Fiction?? You're shitting me!

• Dscf0571.thumb
    David Ackley
    Nov 05, 10:42pm

Sounds more Johnny Rotten...ish.

• Samuel Derrick Rosen
    Nov 08, 11:13am

I'm convinced Cadbury's chocolate doesn't taste the way it used to, it now tends to have a chalky aftertaste.

• Better.thumb

You are so fucking awesome. I have absolutely nothing to say to this.

• You must log in to reply to this thread.