Forum / New fiction by Bud Smith at Revolution John

• White.thumb
    Henry Standing Bear
    Oct 12, 02:37pm

Bud Smith has a new story at Revolution John called "Thunder Lanes" which is about a walk through an ice storm to get to happy hour, following payday at the lumberyard.

http://revolutionjohnmagazine.wordpress.com/2014/10/12/thunder-lanes-by-bud-smith/

• Image.bedroom.009.expose.thumb
    Ann Bogle
    Oct 12, 03:23pm

This is a great/small tour of a story with a dime. It is like a story with a slot in it for a nickel, a dime, a song or the answer to a mystery quiz. I will try to remember the phrase "like God crunching potato chips" about the pins crashing down in the background of the bowling alley.

• White.thumb
    Henry Standing Bear
    Oct 12, 11:24pm

Thanks for reading, Ann. Much appreciated!

• Kreuzberg,%20germany%201992.thumb
    Robert Vaughan
    Oct 13, 03:47am

Nothing like a Bud Smith on the Revolution John site! Great story, and what dazzling details!

Ann Bogle
    Oct 13, 07:11pm

More analysis arose. Analysis friendly to lit. Got my tail wet on Fb yesterday, Matt Damon, I mean Bell. Adrian someone who reads no less well than S. Borders (female) ganged up on lit. crit. on a lit. crit. note page, a new type of illegal activity, Adrian said, to critique, to acknowledge, to give. The path had been laid by a woman for women, where women = one wide yellow sea of wheat. That would attract some who like illegal activity and would rile me who regards lit. crit. on a lit. crit. specific page as legal. Bore in bed!

"That will cure ya, mother English. You are never to speak. Jail! Belt!" Sexy!

Wow ... I simply got excited last evening thinking of two of Bud's stories side by side. This one, Thunder Lanes, and Forks and Knives, a stylistic comparison, style as related to the intensity of the trouble in the two stories that in some way are about the same main thing. I could write it as a brief lit. study in a location where writing is less chafed? Or quit trying to write in a fear-based environment on the first spontaneous day of Year of the Woman. Fear breeds fawning, unlike new people!

Ann Bogle
    Oct 13, 07:13pm

Oct. 12 ----> first day of Year of the Woman

• Dsc_0162.thumb
    Michelle Elvy
    Oct 21, 05:29am

Great to see this. A pleasure seeing Bud's work anywhere!

• Author_photo.thumb
    James Lloyd Davis
    Oct 21, 01:55pm

Bud Smith is a walking wizard.

• You must log in to reply to this thread.