Forum / Ebooks

• Image.bedroom.009.expose.thumb
    Ann Bogle
    Jun 30, 09:21am

Has there been a thread on publishing ebooks? An editor I respect in the UK has invited me to publish an ebook: prose with art, any length. I could do it as a book or chapbook. Does anyone have experience with ebook publishing to share?

• Gloriamindock200x274.thumb
    Gloria Mindock
    Jul 01, 12:43pm

Hi Ann-

I have published 5 e-books by different authors. I do not charge for people to read them. They all have been well received.

Since you respect the editor in the UK, I would go ahead it have it published. Find out if people have to pay to read it. Some presses do charge.

From an editors standpoint of view, it worked well.

Hope this helps-
    Gloria

• Image.bedroom.009.expose.thumb
    Ann Bogle
    Jul 01, 09:54pm

Thanks, Gloria, for the helpful reply.

• Self_portrait.thumb
    eamon byrne
    Jul 02, 05:03am

Speaking of e-books, there's a dude on this site who's an absolute expert on the e-book scene, particularly with regards to formats etc. But I can't remember who he is.

I've recently downloaded 3 different e-book systems: microsoft reader, adobe digital editions epub reader, and mobipocket reader.

I've found mobipocket to be far the best, as it does more stuff (eg full line justification). Also it's easy to import your own html or doc files and have the reader convert them to its e-book format automatically. It seems to work. MS reader was limited in this regard. Adobe reader was buggy.

Anyone else had experience with e-book formats?

• You must log in to reply to this thread.