Forum / Anyone on Medium?

• Web_bio_newglasses.thumb
    J.A. Pak
    Jun 22, 12:00am

My essay "This Is A Shocking Book" is up at Medium and I was wondering if anyone else was using the site.

Here's a link to the essay: https://medium.com/@japak/this-is-a-shocking-book-5163374e8ac9

• Image.thumb
    Charlotte Hamrick
    Jun 22, 12:20am

J.A., I read this on your blog and really liked it. It's so different than anything I'm reading lately.

What's the deal with Medium? I'm not familiar with it. Do you like it?

J.A. Pak
    Jun 22, 12:30am

Thanks so much, Charlotte. Medium is a startup founded by one of the guys who did Twitter. It's supposed to be a curated blog sort of thing but so far it's just a lot of posts by Silicon Valley people and people who want to write for Huffington Post with articles like "7 Ways Not to Get your Ass Kicked At Work" and "Why I Quit My Apple Job". I'm not really sure how the curated thing works except I think there's a staff that recommends, and I'm not even sure if it works at all. Also, the interface is baffling. I don't use it much but wondered if anyone outside of SF is using it.

• Frankie Saxx
    Jun 22, 11:08am

I signed up, but their website works like shit on my computer so I really haven't been back.

• Frankie Saxx
    Jun 22, 11:11am

@JA Yeah, I think the interface is baffling too, and I think mine is missing buttons or something.

J.A. Pak
    Jun 22, 06:42pm

Frankie, yours isn't missing buttons; Medium is missing common sense.

• Author_photo.thumb
    James Lloyd Davis
    Jun 22, 07:18pm

Your take on the Tale of Genji is precise. I'm going to join the site and look around.

J.A. Pak
    Jun 22, 08:24pm

Thanks, James. Glad you joined. Some advice: they believe in a "clean" website so nothing is clear; to get the menu, hover over the "M".

• You must log in to reply to this thread.