Forum / Spinning up the email deliveries

• Yankee.thumb
    Carson Baker
    Jun 16, 04:11am

Hello hello,

Quick update on the site:

I was able to make repairs to what's called the "job queue" on the Fictionaut servers, which should enable email delivery of notifications, and invitations, and such.

One consequence of this is that email notifications that had sat undelivered were finally sent out.

I apologize to anyone that gets swamped with notifications.

Anyway, that part of the infrastructure is still a bit fragile, so I apologize in advance if it breaks again, but more robust changes are forthcoming.

Thanks,
    Carson

• Yankee.thumb
    Carson Baker
    Jun 16, 04:15am

Of course I should add that I'm very sorry that this wasn't working for some time. I'm hoping the next big update to the site will help make amends. More on that to come soon...

• Author_photo.thumb
    James Lloyd Davis
    Jun 16, 04:28am

Thank you.

• Rebel.thumb
    Sally Houtman
    Jun 16, 04:36am

Thanks, Carson. Just got a load of messages in the inbox.

Can you let us know what the story is with invites that never got delivered and seem to have just disappeared?

Can they be resent to the same e-mail address? My experience is that the system won't allow an invite to be sent to the same e-mail address more than once, which means if the e-mail is logged somewhere in the system, it can't be resent even if it never arrived with the recipient.

Thanks.

• Yankee.thumb
    Carson Baker
    Jun 16, 04:45am

Right, let me check on that. I'll probably command the system to re-send out invites that haven't been accepted.

• Frankie Saxx
    Jun 16, 06:27am

Thanks Carson! (I was gonna ask about how to resend invites, but I see you're on it already.)

I was SO EXCITED when I opened my mail and saw all that Fictionaut this morning. :)

• Blank_sp.thumb
    Carol Reid
    Jun 16, 04:22pm

Suddenly I feel like it's party time! Let's dance :)

• Frankie Saxx
    Jun 16, 04:37pm

Haha. I sent all my invites ASAP. XD

• Image.thumb
    Charlotte Hamrick
    Jun 16, 04:57pm

Sally, I resent an invite this morning and she got it so I think it's fine right now to resend. It was the same email addy.

Thanks for your good work, Carson.

• Photo%2015.thumb
    Gary Hardaway
    Jun 16, 05:30pm

Thank you, Carson.

• Frankie Saxx
    Jun 16, 05:35pm

I have one I can't resend because it won't let me type in the box because I sent the fresh ones first.

• Dscf0571.thumb
    David Ackley
    Jun 16, 07:56pm

Thanks again, Carson. This splendid, and it's quite exciting to hear that you've got more tricks in the hat for Fictionaut.

• Darryl_falling_water.thumb
    Darryl Price
    Jun 17, 02:02am

Thanks, Carson.

• You must log in to reply to this thread.