Forum / Here's an interesting thread...

• 2161777446_a91102ea45.thumb
    Matt Dennison
    Jun 04, 08:31pm

I don't know what it's about, but *I* find it fascinating!

• Trees.thumb
    Carol Reid
    Jun 05, 10:25am

This reminds me of another interesting thread. I can't find it now, but it was interesting.

• Darryl_falling_water.thumb
    Darryl Price
    Jun 05, 12:21pm

DO YOU THINK THE WHOLE SWEATER WILL UNRAVEL IF WE PULL IT?

Matt Dennison
    Jun 05, 12:59pm

There are good seams and bad seams.
    This is an example of a good seam.

You can cut a good seam and unravel a super-long strand of yarn that you can wind into a huge skein. If you cut a bad seam, you will get short equal-length pieces of yarn which I call yarnlets. Don�t bother unraveling a sweater made entirely of bad seams, unless you love hundreds of knots in your project. If you pull the good seam apart you will see a thread which you will be cutting to separate the pieces of the sweater for unraveling.

See the little thread?
    This thread is your best friend.
    It will lead you to good things in life.
    Love the little thread!

• Author_photo.thumb
    James Lloyd Davis
    Jun 05, 03:19pm

If a woman who sews is a seamstress, what, then, is a man who sews? A seamster? Would they have a union? Would it be called the International Brotherhood of Seamsters? Would Joe Esterhas have written a screenplay about that union's colorful founder, would Sylvester Stallone have starred in the subsequent and forgettable movie, and would they have called it "F.I.S.S.?"

And on an unrelated subject, if they can drill and pump oil from 35,000 feet beneath the surface of the earth, why can't they get it out of the Gulf of Mexico if it's just floating there? And why do we call it the Gulf of Mexico, not the Gulf of Texas?

Enquiring minds want to know ...

Matt Dennison
    Jun 05, 03:54pm

could be
    don't know
    possibly
    doubt it
    doubt it
    yes

don't know
    don't know

• Martha-williams.thumb
    Martha Williams
    Jun 05, 04:04pm

Love my little Thread.
    They told me later, should be 'Fred'.
    That unravelled me. Been pulling the wool over his eyes ever since.

• Author_photo.thumb
    James Lloyd Davis
    Jun 05, 04:36pm

Thank you, Matt. You've answered all my questions. Well done!

Matt Dennison
    Jun 05, 06:22pm

James,

I've increased my mental acuity by one candle power, so it was *relatively* easy...

• Fb_fanpage2.thumb
    George LaCas
    Jun 05, 06:49pm

Puts me in mind of tying up loose ends, which are often truncated beginnings. And lint. Lint seems made up of sloughed-off thread cells, plus time. The price of deep pockets.

• Author_photo.thumb
    James Lloyd Davis
    Jun 05, 09:50pm

People are smoking those funny little cigarettes in here ... But, that's okay. No barley was harmed in the making of this bizarre collection.

Matt Dennison
    Jun 06, 09:51am

Beedi-rolling is a cottage industry in India and is typically done by women in their homes. The process of rolling a beedi is similar to that of a handmade cigarette. Beedis vary accordingly by their size. Beedi tobacco consists of three different tobaccos; each has its own characteristic. The tobacco is brought from different states and each has its own blend. For example, for a strong tobacco flavor, tobacco from the state of Gujarat is preferred. For a mellower flavor tobacco from Nipani in Karnataka state is suitable, and to help the beedies retain the fire longer Choor from Mysooru is used. Once the beedies are rolled they are kept in a specially designed oven to ensure good flavor and to remove any moisture. Due to the relatively low cost of beedies compared with regular cigarettes, they have long been popular among the poor in Bangladesh, Pakistan, Sri Lanka, Cambodia and India. In India, 850 billion are smoked every year.

• Best_guy_ever.thumb
    whatwouldbukowskido
    Aug 17, 10:09pm

Pall Mall Blue Tall

• You must log in to reply to this thread.