Forum / When do invite buckets refill?

• Frankie Saxx
    Apr 08, 10:41am

I have noticed from time to time mine fills back up and have been waiting to send a couple more. Any idea how long it takes?

• Dom-logo.thumb
    Gone
    Apr 08, 11:11am

Frankie, I'm happy to send some for you if you'd like.

• Mrsoftee1.thumb
    Jim V
    Apr 08, 12:50pm

I've no idea. I've only ever sent out one, but that one has been replaced. I think it's tied to how many faves or page views you get, but I'm not really sure.

• Jane.thumb
    Jane Flett
    Apr 08, 01:44pm

I was wondering the same thing, though I have never had an invite in my bucket.

• Dscf0571.thumb
    David Ackley
    Apr 08, 01:52pm

I think they're supposed to refill automatically. If yours is empty write to Jurgen.

• Dsc_7543.thumb
    Gloria Garfunkel
    Apr 08, 04:11pm

I never had one either. I asked Marcy for one.

• Better_than.thumb
    Sally Jayne Heymann
    Apr 08, 05:49pm

My bucket always has said I have zero invites to give.

• Rebel.thumb
    Sally Houtman
    Apr 08, 09:09pm

There's a hole in my bucket.

• Better_than.thumb
    Sally Jayne Heymann
    Apr 08, 10:36pm

at the bottom of the sea?

• Image.thumb
    Charlotte Hamrick
    Apr 10, 03:05am

Buckets? Invites? Please clue me in as I have no bucket or invitations or buckets full of invitations that I can find. I even went to the Welcome thread before broaching the question here and see no mention of same. Is the ability to invite users something one as to earn and, if so, what is the criteria? I don't plan to invite anyone if given the priv until I'm more sure of what I've joined here (kidding, kidding!) but it would be nice to have a basic knowledge of how things work. Thanks

Oh, and I read something on the Welcome thread intimating newbies should be here a certain amount of time before posting a story. Is there some unwritten rule about that because I guess I broke it. Not being facetious, really wondering. Thanks again.

• Rebel.thumb
    Sally Houtman
    Apr 10, 03:51am

No rules. Written or unwritten. Post what you like when you like.

On your "You" page below your name where it says "View Profile" "Update Profile" etc. is "Invite Friends." If you have invites to give, that's where they'd be.

I had no invites for a very long time. Then suddenly some appeared without my intervention. No one seems to know how or why they appear.

• 62698557287.thumb
    Matthew Robinson
    Apr 10, 04:38am

If you want some invites, just ask Jurgen Fauth. Worked for me!

Charlotte, I'd advise ignoring any aggressive comments from some of the old guard here. The kind of people who'd tell you to wait a certain amount of time before posting work are the type who sometimes erase the content of their profiles in a hissy fit over whatever arbitrary hubbub happens to be going on, only to return (welcomely, I should add) once they realize how silly they've been. oh well. *shrug*

The proper gist in regards to posting here is that it's polite to also read and comment on others' work when/if you can. Not Fictionaut Law, just manners, is all.

• Image.thumb
    Charlotte Hamrick
    Apr 10, 06:19pm

Thanks for the input, Matt and Sally. I did realize some of the comments were quite old in the Welcome forum. I'm not really a "joiner" but when I do join I tend to jump right in and ask a lot of questions so let me know if I become a pain in the ass. I don't take criticism personally (usually). :)

• You must log in to reply to this thread.